Subject: Can I Add A Joker and No 1 Tile To This set.....? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Borg
New Zealand
flag msg tools
hi to u all,

if i havea a joker and a number 1 left in my hand,

when its my turn can i go out by adding the joker and the number 1 tile to an existing set on the table made up as follows: 3,4,5,

so the final set would look like this

1, joker, 3,4,5,

lok forward to your answer

thanks kev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can add to sets with jokers in them, you just can't split them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Borg
New Zealand
flag msg tools
hi drinkdrawers,

no, the set on the table didnt have the joker, it was 3,4,5.

i went out by adding my 1 tile and joker i had to the set on the table

is this legal?

cheers kev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie Rogers
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My family always played that you couldn't, that you had to play the joker with tiles from your hand. However, I think that's in the older version of the rules and the newer version says that you are fine to do that.

You should check the rule sheet, it should explicitly mention whether you can or can't. I think it just depends on how old your game is.

I'm not sure that was a helpful answer. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Borg
New Zealand
flag msg tools
hi,

yes i did play the joker and the 1blue tile from my hand and i added it to the 3blue, 4blue, 5blue that was already on the table.

no, the rules sheet says nothing about adding a tile and joker to an existing set on the table.

It just says that the joker can substitue any tile on the table in either a run or a group.

so to me that means i can a joker to any set i like.

thanks kev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Borg
New Zealand
flag msg tools
hi,

yes i did play the joker and the 1blue tile from my hand and i added it to the 3blue, 4blue, 5blue that was already on the table.

no, the rules sheet says nothing about adding a tile and joker to an existing set on the table.

It just says that the joker can substitue any tile on the table in either a run or a group.

thanks kev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie Rogers
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinborg wrote:
hi,

thanks kev

If the rules don't say you can't do it, then it probably means you can. We used to play it really strict, but like I said, I think they updated the rules to make the Joker a little easier to use.

I think playing on the set was probably fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly, you can add a joker to the end of a run, or as the 4th tile in a set if it started out in your hand. However, if you take the joker off the table by replacing it with the tile it represents, you must then immediately use it, along with at least two tiles from your hand, in playing a run or set.

So, what you did was legal, but would not have been if you had just taken the joker from another place on the table.

I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. C.
Canada
Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same as mentioned by some, the rules I have state that one must play a joker from your hand along with at least two other tiles from your hand. So my answer would be No according to my rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.