GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

lel dude
msg tools
1) Once I cleared my distracted tourist objective, the penalty was:"... each Bat icon you use also causes you 1 wound...." During the game, I had no zombies in zone one but I rolled a Bat on my last reroll. Since there are no zombies to use the Bat on, do I still have to wound myself?

2) EVENT CARD: ONGOING EFFECT- Alert zombies: If active player uses one or more gun icons, add 1 zombie to the active player's zone 3.

When does this zombie get added? Immediately upon using a gun & during the action phase? Or only during HUNT PHASE when 3 zombies (+1) are added to zone 3?

3) In a coop game and my objective is to collect loot/ followers, if the loot card gets used up and discarded, does it still count towards my objectives? or must I keep the loot card unused? Does the same apply to followers (ie: obtain 3 followers of differing victory points, but I obtained HIT GIRL and used her ability to clear one zone of all zombies which requires me to discard her. Do I get to keep HIT GIRL or do I need to replace her with another follower?)

4) When using action cards which say to add zombies, when does the zombies get added? Immediately and during the moment in which the action card is being used (could be action phase, zombies advance phase or hunt phase) or only during HUNT PHASE when 3 zombies are being added to zone 3?

5) Can I use action cards at any time during my turn, or only at certain times such as ONLY during the ACTION PHASE (before or after the dice roll)?

6) My objective is to collect location cards. What happens when I roll 3 book of the dead on my final roll? Can I choose to not use one die & only resolve 2 book of the dead combo icons or am I forced to resolve the 3 book of the dead combo?

Am I allowed to resolve action dice separately, for example i roll 3 book of the dead. Can I draw 3 event cards?

1 icons: draw 1 event
2 icons: draw 1 location/ loot card, heal 1 wound
3 icons: draw 1 follower, clear any zone of all zombies and draw 1 event, heal 2 wounds

many thanks for helping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haley
United States
Scappoose
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is how I read and play the rules.

1) If you don't use the bat, you don't take the damage. It says "each Bat icon you use". Do you hurt your hand if you don't punch something?

2) You always add zombies during the Hunt Phase unless it says to do it right now. They would be added to the 3 normal zombies.

3) I want to say it is what cards you have on hand at the end of the game. If you use an item or a follower goes away, you will not get points for them. I might be wrong but that is how this objective is mostly handled in other games.

4) See answer #2.

5) I would say that it depends on the card. In the rule book, it says "If the Event states “HOLD” the player takes the card and may play it on a future turn when the condition on the card applies." If it looks like the card could be used at a time during your turn and you want to use it, go ahead.

6) You can use any number of your dice how ever you want. You don't have to use all of them with exception to the zombie icon and event die, you have to do what it says. If you roll 3 books, you have the option to use 2 for a location and the 3rd for and event. Or you can use all 3 books for 3 events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These are just my own opinions, and could be wrong...

leldude wrote:
Since there are no zombies to use the Bat on, do I still have to wound myself?

I don't think you would be forced to use the bat. In fact, if there is literally nothing to hit, I'm not sure you would be allowed to.

Quote:
When does this zombie get added? Immediately upon using a gun & during the action phase? Or only during HUNT PHASE when 3 zombies (+1) are added to zone 3?

I'll disagree with Gadgetx here. I think new zombies would get added immediately. The main reason is simplicity: Tracking the number of zombies that will need to be added later is a pain. I just add them when told to do so.

Quote:
if the loot card gets used up and discarded, does it still count towards my objectives? or must I keep the loot card unused?

I play it that you flip the card when you meet the criteria. If you have the right number of followers or loot in front of you, the card flips at that instant. If you lose a follower or discard a loot before flipping your card, it's gone and you'll need to replace it. After your card flips, they no longer matter, and you can get rid of them without affecting the objective.

Quote:
4) When using action cards which say to add zombies, when does the zombies get added?

Immediately. See #2

Quote:
5) Can I use action cards at any time during my turn, or only at certain times such as ONLY during the ACTION PHASE (before or after the dice roll)?

It has been a while, and I'm not looking at the game right now. I would think you could play an action at any time that makes sense (e.g. some cards are in response to something happening), unless the card specifies when it must be played.

Quote:
6) My objective is to collect location cards. What happens when I roll 3 book of the dead on my final roll? Can I choose to not use one die & only resolve 2 book of the dead combo icons or am I forced to resolve the 3 book of the dead combo?

I also had that question. My assumption has been that you can't split the dice up. But I would be happy to hear that you could, because that would open up a lot of possibilities. It would be great to have an official ruling on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.