Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good gentle folk,

Is it just me? The current representative image is ok as far as it goes, but the contrast is cranked waaaaay up. My copy of Traders is nothing like as orange as this. And in this image I can't see the artwork:

A much more accurate box cover image (on my screen) is the one I loaded ages back:

For my mind, the first image looks more striking simply because the contrast is a little overblown. The second image is more accurate and also shows more detail, but it keeps getting rejected as the rep image. Presumably the image modders (who may not personally know the real game cover?) think it's too pale and/or don't like the small amount of glare in the top left corner.

Thoughts anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I notice one box is alea and the other rio grande. Is it possible that the alea really is that orange color?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Gunter
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Both pictures have serious problems from a photographic standpoint.

The first one looks like someone used the Photoshop brightness/contrast adjustment to compensate for an overexposed image. The clipped whites and blacks as well as the high saturation are big giveaways.

The second shot just needs a little work and it'd be fine. Just tweak the levels a bit to adjust the black point and you've got a decent image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
Moon Knight wrote:
I notice one box is alea and the other rio grande. Is it possible that the alea really is that orange color?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New!

?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.