Dublin
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ACTING TALENT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

This rule is unclear, regarding the Greenery and the TR track. Do you receive one TR track increase for placing the Greenery PLUS one TR track increase when this increases the oxygen level?

Or is it one space total?

We've been puzzling over the correct interpretation for a few plays now and I'd like to be 100% certain before our next game. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's only one TR increase. For reference, see page 5:
rulebook, pg.5 wrote:
When placing a greenery tile, you increase the oxygen level, if possible, and also your TR. If you can’t raise the oxygen level you don’t get the increase in TR either.

and page 11:

rulebook, pg.11 wrote:
8 plant resources may be turned into a greenery tile, which increases oxygen level 1 step (and therefore also your TR 1 step).

(emphasis mine)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheNameWasTaken wrote:
No, it's only one TR increase. For reference, see page 5:
rulebook, pg.5 wrote:
When placing a greenery tile, you increase the oxygen level, if possible, and also your TR. If you can’t raise the oxygen level you don’t get the increase in TR either.

and page 11:

rulebook, pg.11 wrote:
8 plant resources may be turned into a greenery tile, which increases oxygen level 1 step (and therefore also your TR 1 step).

(emphasis mine)

This is correct. The TR increase is for the greenery increasing the oxygen, not for the greenery itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind if oxygen is maxed (14%) you don't get a TR.

Key rule is if you help terraform mars (oxygen,temp,ocean) you get a TR. Thematically all the things that give TR make mars more habitable (magnetic field being the untracked condition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lelas
Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ACTING TALENT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I figured this might be the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
If people in your group ask why greenery costs more credits or takes more effort to place than the other things that increase your TR, it's because in addition to the TR, you get a guaranteed point at the end of the game for the greenery tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Frantz
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happymrdave wrote:
If people in your group ask why greenery costs more credits or takes more effort to place than the other things that increase your TR, it's because in addition to the TR, you get a guaranteed point at the end of the game for the greenery tile.

Yeah, I think this might be where the confusion is coming in. You get one point for increasing the oxygen level (if possible) when you PLACE the greenery tile. But you also get a point at the end of the game for each of your greenery tiles on the board.

Don't forget, if it's next to your city you effectively get ANOTHER point for the greenery tile (or for the city, depending on how you look at it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pacemaker 67
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Laerfan wrote:
Hey everyone,

This rule is unclear, regarding the Greenery and the TR track. Do you receive one TR track increase for placing the Greenery PLUS one TR track increase when this increases the oxygen level?

Or is it one space total?

We've been puzzling over the correct interpretation for a few plays now and I'd like to be 100% certain before our next game. Thanks.

Also, if you search these forums, there are many questions about cards which have language that people have misinterpreted as getting to increase oxygen twice for placing a greenery tile as that cards resolution. You increase oxygen only once as part of placing the Greenery tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gringe Commander
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
1 TR during the game, only if it increases oxygen.
1 additional TR as victory point at the end, because its green.

And upt to 3 extra VP if your manage to build 3 cities around it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Koronis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or even four, if you use the card that places a city next to two others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GringeCommander wrote:
1 TR during the game, only if it increases oxygen.
1 additional TR as victory point at the end, because its green.

At the end of the game it's not called TR anymore, just victory points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.