Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Indonesia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ship line touching more than 1 city, delivering to more than 1 city allowed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean Comeau
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all!

I don't know if this question has been asked before, but here it is.

Let's say a boat company has hull > 1 and one of its legs reaches more than one city. Let's say that each of these cities requires rice. Can a rice producing company send 2 rices via that ship line and have each rice delivered to each city, all in the same run?

In other words must all the merchandise on a given ship leg go to a single city?

Thank you!

Jean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can split it between the cities, no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Comeau
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for your quick reply! It makes sense, I just wanted to make sure.

Jean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
comeauj wrote:
Hi all!

Let's say a boat company has hull > 1 and one of its legs reaches more than one city. Let's say that each of these cities requires rice. Can a rice producing company send 2 rices via that ship line and have each rice delivered to each city, all in the same run?

In other words must all the merchandise on a given ship leg go to a single city?

Thank you!

Jean

Some further clarifications:

You make it sound like shipping both is a single shipment, but make sure for each chit shipped you pay whichever shipping company each time. The hull is then just how many times you can use a ship for that company operation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrecrusher wrote:
comeauj wrote:
Hi all!

Thank you!

Jean

Some further clarifications:

You make it sound like shipping both is a single shipment, but make sure for each chit shipped you pay whichever shipping company each time. The hull is then just how many times you can use a ship for that company operation.

Good catch, I took for granted they would know that each good has to pay for it's own shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Comeau
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi guys.

I agree that each good has to be paid to the shipping company. I was more enquiring about how many cities could be supplied at once per shipping line.

There might be a catch anyway. It is said that each boat can only transport as many goods as its hull size per company, not per production area. So 2 areas from the same production company and having access to the same shipping company cannot be considered as separate entities.

Also in real life I guess it would make more sense for a shipping company to carry as much goods as it can for each delivery route to minimize the distance travelled...

What do you think?

Jean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
comeauj wrote:
Hi guys.

I agree that each good has to be paid to the shipping company. I was more enquiring about how many cities could be supplied at once per shipping line.

There might be a catch anyway. It is said that each boat can only transport as many goods as its hull size per company, not per production area. So 2 areas from the same production company and having access to the same shipping company cannot be considered as separate entities.

Also in real life I guess it would make more sense for a shipping company to carry as much goods as it can for each delivery route to minimize the distance travelled...

What do you think?

Jean

The easiest thing to do is transport the chits one at a time, for every ship that you use, place a 5 coin on it. Once a ship has coins equal to its hull on top, it can't be used again that operation. You then deduct the value of the coins from the income of the production company, and the ship owners take them as their income.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely per company and not per production area. Merging can really kill off shipping opportunities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.