A.J Sinett
msg tools
Looking to buy a first board game for my friend that I got into board games recently. He's a huge fan of Conflict, Backstabbing and long term strategy. He plays Civ on the PC for hours at a time. Did some research and found out Citadels and Manhattan project might be good. Any better suggestions for Civ lover looking to go into board games? Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally different. Citadels is a light card game. Manhattan Project is a fairly involved board game. So probably the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Krause
United States
GRAND RAPIDS
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind dropping some coin Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization is probably the best Civ Style game on the market. You could also look at getting Clash of Cultures which looks a bit more like civ and does a better job with the combat but doesn't do the deep dive into history the same way that Through the Ages: A New Story does. That said clash is easier to understand and play and while having a higher price tag than TTA you can usually find it online for around 50 or so.

If you have a little less money and want a ruthless civ game then take a gander at Innovation. It's under 30 bucks and it's very unique. I will warn you it's not everybody's cup of tea, but the people who like it love it and from the sounds of it your friend should fall in the later camp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.