Popular Tags: [View All]
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we change lanes on our second step in a round? We're guessing 'no'.

Can we change lanes on our 6th or 7th or anytime if we don't change lanes on the first step (first count) of a move? (We don't know what to do about this one.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't "save" your lane changes, if that is what you are getting at. Change once in the first six moves, then once more from the seventh on. If you don't use the initial lane change by move six, you lose it. You are only left with the 2nd lane change, thereafter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Whitmore
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that right? We've understood the rules to mean you can only change lanes on the 1st and 7th spaces moved...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul White
United Kingdom
Nuneaton
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
You may change lane on the first step of your move and change once more only after the sixth step when you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't make myself clear, Mark.

Ok, the other two of you, if I do NOT change lanes on the 1st step, can I then change lanes on the 7th? Or 8th?

Thanks for any further help! This is bugging me. Currently in my 2nd game after ordering it last week. (Though we stopped one earlier when more arrived for a little Werewolf.)

6-player match at midnight. Fun. Running to computer for rules help, fast turn-around from you folks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Poulos
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
I guess there's more to starting a game company than just having a name... :(
badge
What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, a gaming machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this gamer does is sleep and eat and place little meeples, and that's all.
mbmbmbmbmb
davidme wrote:
Didn't make myself clear mark.

Ok, the other two of you, if I do NOT change lanes on the 1st step, can I then change lanes on the 7th? Or 8th?

Thanks for any further help! This is bugging me. Currently in my 2nd game after ordering it last week. (Though we stopped one earlier when more arrived for a little Werewolf.)

6-player match at midnight. Fun. Running to computer for rules help, fast turn-around from you folks!

yes. you CAN, but do not have to change lanes on the very first movement, then you have to remain in the same lane moves 2-6, then during moves 7-12 you CAN, but do not have to, change lanes ONE more time. the lane change between 7-12 is not related to the possible lane change on move 1 at all.
and to say it slightly different:
the max number of lane changes in a turn is 2, one of which has to be on the very first move, the other has to be between moves 7-12. both are optional and independent of each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The max number of lane changes in a turn is 2, one of which has to be on the very first move, the other has to be between moves 7-12. both are optional and independent of each other.

This is completely correct, and well worded too

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Smith
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Mark's reply above, which implies that the first lane change can be made on ANY of the first 6 moves, is not quite correct? The only lane change allowed in the first 6 moves would ONLY be allowed on the very first space moved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Sheffield
United States
Aberdeen
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
Quote:
The max number of lane changes in a turn is 2, one of which has to be on the very first move, the other has to be between moves 7-12. both are optional and independent of each other.

This is completely correct, and well worded too

N.

Also agree on correctness and goodness of wording
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony La Morte
United States
Chippewa Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Another Question
I agree with this too, however, I am not seeing anything in the rules about changing lanes in a bend.

Thanks for any feedback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheldon Smith wrote:
So Mark's reply above, which implies that the first lane change can be made on ANY of the first 6 moves, is not quite correct? The only lane change allowed in the first 6 moves would ONLY be allowed on the very first space moved?

Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly.

Greg Poulos wrote the correct post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidme wrote:
Not exactly.

Greg Poulos wrote the correct post.

Ok, I got it now. Thanks for the reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.