Popular Tags: [View All]
P. Al Williams
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How Do I Know Which Version of the Cards I Have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Davis
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at card 3 (Stavka) or 7 (Industrial Evacuation) in the Allies deck. If the card has the statement "This is considered a Yellow Event card if Stalin is currently in Moscow", then you have the updated cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Al Williams
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.
it looks like I have the first edition cards.

Let me follow up with this - are the cards worth it?
$16 seems rather steep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This never did get an answer. Is it worth getting the new cards? Is there a list of the differences so that I can continue to use 1st edition cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Scott Henshaw wrote:
Is it worth getting the new cards?

If you play the game on a regular basis, buying the new cards is probably worth it. You can certainly use the original cards if you want, but having to constantly look up and/or remember which cards have changed does slow the game down somewhat.

Scott Henshaw wrote:
Is there a list of the differences so that I can continue to use 1st edition cards?

What I did was, after printing out the updated rules, I compared each of my original cards to the updated card descriptions in these rules, and then used a yellow highlighter pen to highlight each part of the card descriptions that is different from the original cards. With all of the changes highlighted in the rules printout, it's not too troublesome for a player to check each card that he draws to see if it plays differently than it originally did (most of the cards are unchanged).

I would prefer to just buy the updated cards, but I play BtB so rarely that I can't justify the added expense. If I had a local opponent who actually wanted to play the game several times a year, then I would definitely order the updated cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for a very detailed answer. I think I will try it your way to see if the game will be played enough to justify the expense of the new deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.