Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

U-Boat Leader» Forums » General

Subject: What would I need to do to convert my first edition to second edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Snyder
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In other words, besides printing out the second edition rules, what other physical changes are there to the game, and are those changes a significant enough improvement to make me want to buy the second edition outright? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB Anderson
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
From what I understand there were issues with the 2nd Edition. In my opinion the 1st edition + updated rules + minis/mounted board expansion is the way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that at a minimum you would need a bunch of damage counters to use with the updated rules. Also, I thought I read something about new values for the submarines that are not present in the first edition. As much as I'd like, it doesn't seem like you can just use the new rules with the 1st edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, you would need to get scans of the NEWER counters that weren't included with the 1st Edition; Gun, Flooding, Hit Effects, etc. I already have the "Hull" ratings that could be applied to the 1st Ed. Cards. I've already created a newer LOG SHEET that has an area where you could keep track of the HULL Rating. I'm not sure of much else though.

To: TheJeffa, Could you point me/us to the "issues" they are having with the 2nd editon??

By the way, I've always enjoyed the 1st Edition (with the errata) whenever I played it.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Snyder
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:
First, you would need to get scans of the NEWER counters that weren't included with the 1st Edition; Gun, Flooding, Hit Effects, etc. I already have the "Hull" ratings that could be applied to the 1st Ed. Cards. I've already created a newer LOG SHEET that has an area where you could keep track of the HULL Rating. I'm not sure of much else though.

To: TheJeffa, Could you point me/us to the "issues" they are having with the 2nd editon??

By the way, I've always enjoyed the 1st Edition (with the errata) whenever I played it.

Jim

Speaking of the first edition errata, is that still available anywhere? I can't find it online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Andersch
Germany
Korntal-Münchingen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are still unsuccessful in finding the errata, drop me a mail. I downloaded it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I have it too, if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have scans of the 2nd edition counter sheets?? I would like to see them so I can update my 1st edition. PM me if you scanned them in.

(edit: Spelling)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lee
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi Jim M,

What are the hull hit ratings for the various U-boat classes?

THANKS in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These were sent to me by a guy here on BGG. All I need are copies of the Damage Tokens, front and back.

Here ya go:

U-Boat / Hull Ratings

U-20/1 U-23/1 U- 56/1
U-27/2
U-43/3 U-44/3 U-47/3 U-51/3 U-74/3 U-82/3 U-94/3 U-96/3 U-98/3
U-109/4 U-122/4 U-126/4 U-154/4 U-175/4 U-201/3 U-333/3
U-503/4 U-506/4 U-551/3 U-575/3 U-2511/4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.