Hide
4 Posts

Level 7 [Omega Protocol]» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mission 1 Crisis Point question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Lau
msg tools
About to start my first game tomorrow. Maybe I did not read the rule book thoroughly enough as I cannot see anyone else is asking this question. However, I really do not understand the following, at the start of each Overseer Phase, the overseer opens a door connecting a hidden room to the revealed section of the map and then resolves the room's card normally. Discard the door marker with no effect. I do not see anything in the setup mentioning hidden rooms, how I do open a door connecting a hidden room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmb
The different rooms connect through doors and are considered inaccessible up until when the doors are opened.

What this means is that the Overseers minions won't be moving across rooms because of closed doors.

Once the doors are opened though, the aliens can move freely among all connected (opened doors) rooms for tactical manoeuvring.

So what that means is that once you hit the crisis point, the Overseer opens one door to connect to the already explored (by the military guys) portion of the map, resolves the cards, which means that most likely he/she will have available aliens that aren't under immediate threat by the other players and thus will be able to plan a more efficient attack.

I hope this makes sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lau
msg tools
Pedrator wrote:
The different rooms connect through doors and are considered inaccessible up until when the doors are opened.

What this means is that the Overseers minions won't be moving across rooms because of closed doors.

Once the doors are opened though, the aliens can move freely among all connected (opened doors) rooms for tactical manoeuvring.

So what that means is that once you hit the crisis point, the Overseer opens one door to connect to the already explored (by the military guys) portion of the map, resolves the cards, which means that most likely he/she will have available aliens that aren't under immediate threat by the other players and thus will be able to plan a more efficient attack.

I hope this makes sense?

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, it helps clear things up alot. I guess I was not familiar with the term hidden room. Thought it would be more like unexplored room or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other way to think of it is if the room has face down Room cards in it. Means that room hasn't been explored yet and is still "hidden".

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.