Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Hi all,

I'm currently considering grabbing this, and I think my group would quite like it.

My issue is... I already own Tzolk'in, Dungeon Lords, Dungeon Petz, and Caverna.

So to convince myself to grab this, I need to know if it actually has the somewhat shorter playtime and that it plays fairly differently from those!

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played the four you mention, but I've never heard CoM compared to those four either. The comparisons I hear most are to Stone Age and Lords of Waterdeep. I think CoM is fairly different from Stone Age as you have fewer workers and more spots on the board, so the choices are meatier and the optimal move isn't always apparent. I have never played Waterdeep to give you a comparison.

A four player game of CoM, even for newbies, shouldn't take much more than 90 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game doesn't take very long. 90 minutes is a very reasonable expectation in most circumstances.

My longest game of it was 2 hours, but that was with a new player who really struggles to grasp new systems and a lengthy break in the middle of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it can take 90 minutes, but if u have 2-4 familiar players you can finish it under and hour, or even 45 minutes.

I have played some of the games you mentioned, they are all a lot more intense than this one. Both lords and pets require you to achieve certain tasks just to stay afloat, thats not the case in this game.

It is very forgiving for a worker placement, and its easy to pick up, I've even used it as a gateway game.

It is a worker placement that is accessible but also rewards gamery starategy, and is quick enough to pull out spontaneously

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
jooice wrote:
Yes it can take 90 minutes, but if u have 2-4 familiar players you can finish it under and hour, or even 45 minutes.

I have played some of the games you mentioned, they are all a lot more intense than this one. Both lords and pets require you to achieve certain tasks just to stay afloat, thats not the case in this game.

It is very forgiving for a worker placement, and its easy to pick up, I've even used it as a gateway game.

It is a worker placement that is accessible but also rewards gamery starategy, and is quick enough to pull out spontaneously

That is exactly what I was hoping for! Top to bottom. Perfect, I'll probably leap on this pretty soon!

Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May I suggest getting the Meeple Source upgrade kit for the resources? The cubes that the game comes with are rubbish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
May I suggest getting the Meeple Source upgrade kit for the resources? The cubes that the game comes with are rubbish.

Absolutely! Those cubes were horrendous.

I 3d printed steak tokens and painted them.
And used a dremel to cut round chop sticks in equal lengths.
The heat of the multi tool ended up searing the wood to make it look like wood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michail tridimas
Greece
athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Around 90 minutes for 4players game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.