Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Ruprecht
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
My first full game of Through the Ages went very oddly from my standpoint - I did not have a leader until era two. I had hoped to claim an era A leader cheaply going last, but all the cards before the decent ones were taken very early, and they were all burned before my turn rolled around. Despite this, I was keeping up in all but two areas - my science and culture incomes were pitiful. I had a decent military, but I couldn't quite get the colonies and I wasn't far enough ahead to really capitalize. My biggest advantages were probably my wonders - the Basilica made the loss of the two yellow tokens every era much easier to deal with, and was at least giving me some point income, and the Great Wall was keeping my strength up - but it clearly wasn't enough. I had built up more than 20 food - my farming was rather high - and I was about to have an explosive turn, when the player before me pulled Rats out of the event deck. Losing all of that food seemed like the end of me, but I had one hope left - I had finally gotten far enough ahead of a player militarily that a War over Technology might work. I was able to steal just enough science to drop Computers to fix that problem more permanently. I also grabbed the Eiffel Tower for a better point income, and was lucky enough to snag Sid Meier; my income suddenly jumped from around four to 18+ over a couple of turns. The other players started launching attacks on me, but I saved all my power to prevent Raids (the only thing that could really hurt me) and ended up with just enough, even though I dropped to zero strength at one point. I was very surprised to find I had managed to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.