Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, BGG only lets you post your video once in the video section, and I uploaded my tutorial series on the main Guild Ball page, but also wanted to drop it here, as it uses the Kick Off Starter Set.

If you're interested, you can check it out below, and then subscribe to the channel, if you're interested in seeing the future parts:

Getting Started

The Sequence Of A Turn

Attacking

Movement

Kicking

Plays & Traits

Momentum & Conditions

Terrain & Guild Plots
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony T
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great video Rodney! I went from not knowing much about this game to intrigued. Can't wait to watch the rest of the series. Looks like the Kick Off set is the best place to start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vectordream wrote:
Great video Rodney! I went from not knowing much about this game to intrigued. Can't wait to watch the rest of the series. Looks like the Kick Off set is the best place to start.

Thanks for checking it out. To my mind, if Guild Ball interests you, you can't beat the Kick Off set as a starting point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Panting
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Yeah, I did not know much about this one. I think, now it's at the top of my list. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the videos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian M
Canada
Lindsay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Excellent video as always! This one cinched my decision to jump into the game. A friend a mentioned playing this over the summer, and another picked up a few models as prizes at a convention, so I was already intrigued. I had been waiting for the re-release of Blood Bowl (which happened to coincide with the same release date as Kick Off), but after seeing it played it felt much more balanced and finessed than the general random chaos of GW's offering.

The box showed up last night and I've been very impressed with the quality of the contents. The miniatures are well cast, with good detail and minimal mold lines. The detail is a little shallower than the standard metal miniatures, but that's to be expected. The tokens and board are on quality stock and the rule books are well written. I'm looking forward to actually playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nvision wrote:
Excellent video as always! This one cinched my decision to jump into the game. A friend a mentioned playing this over the summer, and another picked up a few models as prizes at a convention, so I was already intrigued. I had been waiting for the re-release of Blood Bowl (which happened to coincide with the same release date as Kick Off), but after seeing it played it felt much more balanced and finessed than the general random chaos of GW's offering.

The box showed up last night and I've been very impressed with the quality of the contents. The miniatures are well cast, with good detail and minimal mold lines. The detail is a little shallower than the standard metal miniatures, but that's to be expected. The tokens and board are on quality stock and the rule books are well written. I'm looking forward to actually playing!

Glad you're excited to dive in and that the video was helpful in your decision

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to mention that the full tutorial series is now posted in the original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.