Dr. Dam
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I have just been to the Hume Inn to check a few details and the hotel reported a possible concern.

Anyone who may have called Telstra for the phone number may have been directed to the Hume Country Motor Inn (this appears first in their listing). This is NOT the hotel where social gaming will be held on the Saturday Night! This is a separate hotel some 10 Kms away and not near the CBD at all!!!

Our Hotel is the Hume Inn. If you may have been mislead please contact the Hume Inn on (02) 6021 2733 and make a booking. They still have rooms available as of tonight.

On a brighter note the hotel have confirmed today that they are happy to offer their Function Room for social gaming on both Friday and Saturday night.

This is great news for anyone traveling to Albury on the Friday night. I will be at the hotel between 5-6pm to welcome people and play a few games. I can also run through any questions regarding the Settlers and Carcassonne tournaments. I'll also bring my poker chips in case there is interest in a poker game. Maybe we could play for our meal on the Saturday night, with the losers all chipping in to cover the winner's meal? Just a thought.

The hotel will also sell beer and wine out of the bar in the function room. No spirits though so they are happy for people to bring their own booze as well.

All very accommodating from them really. I look forward to seeing you all next week.

Cheers,

Neil

PS - Please spread the word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Smith
Australia
Ashburton
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil,

Poker you say?! Well dice hate me, but cards they love me!! So if all goes well I might be spending alot less than I thought!

See you there. Nice work on keeping us up to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Dam
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re: Australian Games Expo - Accommodation Warning - Must Rea
greatsage wrote:
Neil,

Poker you say?! Well dice hate me, but cards they love me!! So if all goes well I might be spending alot less than I thought!

See you there. Nice work on keeping us up to date.

Yeah cards love me too so I may have to divorce you from those 'Bullets'.

See you next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil Thomson wrote:
On a brighter note the hotel have confirmed today that they are happy to offer their Function Room for social gaming on both Friday and Saturday night.

This is great news for anyone traveling to Albury on the Friday night. I will be at the hotel between 5-6pm to welcome people and play a few games. I can also run through any questions regarding the Settlers and Carcassonne tournaments. I'll also bring my poker chips in case there is interest in a poker game. Maybe we could play for our meal on the Saturday night, with the losers all chipping in to cover the winner's meal? Just a thought.

The hotel will also sell beer and wine out of the bar in the function room. No spirits though so they are happy for people to bring their own booze as well.

Fantastic news, Neil.

As long as the heaters are on, I am happy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil Thomson wrote:
Posted to www.melbournegamers.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil Thomson wrote:
I'll also bring my poker chips in case there is interest in a poker game.

For Poker?? Mine get used for Power Grid, Formula Dé sheets, Spy Alley and even Vegas Showdown, but Poker??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Dam
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
Neil Thomson wrote:
Posted to www.melbournegamers.com

Cheers.

Poker - Yeah some people like the screwage factor - I happen to be one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.