Subject: Customized game forums+ on front page? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C.A.
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Is it possible to have an option for the game forums+ module on the front page where it only shows new posts in the forums of the games that are in your collection? If not, what do you think about this idea? My one thought is that as a join query, it may take a while to run and return results, similar to the custom trade listing. Or maybe it is possible already. I was wondering since the majority of the new posts are of games that I am not interested in since I don't have them(and I'm sure this applies to many people), and it would be nice to have the option to filter by collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Great idea! Filtering by personal rating and tags would be nice too, so you can limit the forum to games you like (whether you own them or not) and/or certain games you have tagged with "watching" or similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.A.
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
I am amazed no one cares about this. I must not be seeing something. We all (I think) wish to know what's going on with our games, and the only way that I know of to see if any new items have been posted to the games we own or are interested in is to check the games' pages individually. I thought it would be a good idea to get a recent activity report based on a filter such as collection, but no one seems to care. Is there a way to do this already, is that why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
You can do this under the "Recent Additions" page.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.A.
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
I knew there had to be something I was missing. It took the original geek to tell me. For doing it, I hereby tip Aldie a GG, although I realize it's like giving a shilling to Queen Elizabeth. Spend it well, for you have given me a useful tip indeed.

Still, I wish I could get the same report on the front page. Now that I know this tool, I probably will take that module off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.