Subject: Fantasy Flight Game release rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Burkhard Hannig
Germany
Neritz
flag msg tools
mbmb
Fantasy Flight Games released a huge schedule of games through 2007 at the GAMA Trade Show, but one game that didn’t appear on the list was a title that FFG signed during GTS. That game, Dust, designed by Spartaco Albertarelli and Angelo Zucca, is set in an alternate fantasy world created by artist Paolo Parente. (You might recognize the name from Magic the Gathering artwork.) Here’s a long, edited description of the setting and game play from the designers:

1950—After the discovery of an alien artifact that has changed the flow of history in the ‘40s, the Cold War is fought between three political blockades: the SinoRussian, the Axis and the Allied.

Armed with incredible weapons, derived from alien technology, the great powers are trying to take control of the planet. In the meanwhile groups of specialized forces are fighting in any corner of the planet to discover secrets scattered all around the world, not to mention the diplomatic war that is fought also inside the bloackades.

It’s a war battled also in the undeground, with spies working to steal secrets and diplomats trying to create new alliances. Secret bases, hidden in the most uncomfortable places on Earth, are trying to develop new lethal weapons using the information given by the aliens found and trying to find a way to manage the incredible power of a mysterious energy that lies inside our planet.

In the game, all the players move their armies to conquer new territories, while infiltrating their spies in the enemy’s, but also friends’, lines. Only one of them will succeed, but you never know whether you are really fighting for yourself or at the end of the game someone else, maybe your pretend best ally, will be able to steal your points and claim victory.

Dust—which is published by DustGames—is scheduled for a September 2007 release, with Editrice Giochi handling the Italian version (as Liga reported in April 2007) and Millenium doing the French/German/Spanish version. Fantasy Flight will distribute the English version of Dust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erm, it doesn't seem decent to copy this verbatim from BoardGameNews.com:

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

Sum it up and include a link to the article, but don't just plagiarize it. Jeez, at least give credit to W. Eric Martin for the text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B
United Kingdom
cheshire
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think maybe FF haven't included it, is because they've just signed Tanhauser which has a similar, albiet occult theme. They are probably concentrating on getting out this years releases (I'll eat my copy of Superpower if they do!!!). Dust looks great, I can't wait for the english release, which will probably be next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The game is on FFG's October solicitation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it be a game on a larger strategic scale or on a rather small tactical scale?ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B
United Kingdom
cheshire
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From the map picture I say it was larger tactical operation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.