Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very confused about when to use Player System Markers and when to use Neutral System Markers.

The Log Sheet has 2 columns under Discovery called "Discovery Identification (Primary)" and "Discovery Identification (Player)".

They seem to indicate that each system will have a Neutral System Counter represented on the map, the number for which is recorded in the (Primary) column.

They also say to record the Player system marker in the (Player) column.

Somewhere in the rules I think I recall seeing reference to replacing the Primary marker with the Player marker on the map but I can't find it right now.

Does each system always have 2 counters on the map: the neutral system marker and a player system marker?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kreutzer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been a long time but I recall replacing neutral with player counters, it is in the long rulebook somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ftstevens wrote:
It has been a long time but I recall replacing neutral with player counters, it is in the long rulebook somewhere.

Yeah, I found the section. I guess that means that once a player has colonized a system, you can re-use the Neutral System Marker later if needed? Or does it always correspond to that specific system, since it's written on the Log Sheet?

Thanks for the quick reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You would have no further need of the Neutral denotation ONCE you decided upon committing resources in developing this, hence it becoming a Player sort then. I seem to recall you initially had to "beat down" their environmental conditions until it were 'terra-formed' for what you could now sustain your Colony upon that. Were you abandoning any, due with untenable conditions you find, then it remained in case another Player ventured unto it and they decided on doing something with that instead, so they shall replace it with theirs now. It is one of the first games with instances of where a 'BORG-ish' sophisticated society might become located.
robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.