Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » General

Subject: bought 2 booster boxes, thought i would share results rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
shriek shriek
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
For those interested i opened 72 packs from 2 sealed booster boxes. Here's the basics of what I found.

There were 3 uncommons I did not get:
Force Strike, Hyperspace Jump, Echo Base. I got 1-3 of all others.

I got 1-2 of all rares with the following exceptions:
I did not get any Survival Gear, Jetpack, Promotion, DH-17 Blaster Pistol, Hired Gun.
The only rare I got 3 of was Qui-Gon.

I feel i was fortunate with legendaries. I got 12 total (6 per box)

Darth Vader x2
Kylo's Lightsaber x2
Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber x2
Luke Skywalker
Captain Phasma
Launch Bay
One with the Force
Millennium Falcon
Force Choke

With 17 possible legendaries i was a little surprised to get 3 duplicates already but hey, they were good ones. I should note that none of the Legendaries were duplicated within the same box. Each box had 6 different Legendary cards.

I'm certainly enjoying the game so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my two boxes I pulled 6 Legendary cards each as well. 5 of the Legendary cards pulled were the same and like your pulls the duplicates were not from the same box.

So I ended up with 2 Vader, 2 Jabba, 2 Thermo Detonators, 2 Launch Bay, 2 One With the Force. So it would seem like if you do purchase booster boxes it may not be good to purchase them at the same time from the same place if you are looking to collect them all.

But who am I kidding, right now Destiny is hard to get much less a booster box or two. And one can always trade Legendary card/die to get what they are needing. On the flip side trading right now is somewhat limited as product is slowing making its way out. Come Late January the market should be healthy enough to trade for what you are needing/wanting.

Just interesting on how distribution of Legendarys are if you buy your booster boxes at the same time from the same place.

Just real fast when I attended the pre-release event the venue had 4 boosters boxes and let us purchase 10 packs each. I made 5 new friends and out of the 5 of us 3 of us walked away with a Han.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Apex
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing. That's what I'm doing for my son and I for Christmas this year. I have us each with a special gift from Santa...a starter, 2 booster packs and then a booster box each. Glad to know we'll be able to cobble together a lot of deck options from just that for a long time to come.

I understand the concept of rarity in collectible games..it's sort of what drives the bus and all...BUT...

For a new player in the market, it kinda makes sense that they'd "overseed" the initial market with good rares like Han Solo so that a lot of folks get a taste and get drooling for another junkie fix. Presumably each "cycle" will bring new and more interesting rares to the table so at least for the initial release...shoving more out there than you might normally wouldn't be the death of collectibility that it might be down the road.

Heck ... you can only have 2 of a card right now which is VERY friendly for a collectible game. Pokemon, for kiddos, is 3 cards and that still has decks that are hundreds of dollars worth of cards if you're at a competitive level with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Wesley Chapel
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered three boxes and pulled these legendaries:

2 Captain Phasma
2 Millenium Falcon
2 Crime Lord
2 Poe Dameron
2 Launch Bay
2 Thermal Detonator
1 Luke Skywalker
1 Darth Vader
1 Han Solo
1 Force Choke
1 Kylo Ren's Lightsaber
1 Jabba the Hutt

So, averaging 6 legendary per booster box.

I also picked up two of each starter, but still need about ten cards for a complete set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracked one box so for with another one pending arrival. 6 Legendaries seems to be the standard as that's exactly what I pulled as well.

Luke Skywalker
Captain Phasma
Poe Dameron
Thermal Detonator
Millennium Falcon
Crime Lord

Will update this post with the results of my second box when it arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.