10 Posts

Pyramid Arcade» Forums » General

Subject: Rules PDF? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does anyone have the rules PDF for the game or the rules pdf from the kickstarter? I logged in but all the links are dead.

I'd like to create game pages in the same style as the main rulebook for the 22 extra games but I need the pdfs to use as templates.

http://www.looneylabs.com/other-pyramid-games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The page you linked to has both a template and the font to download.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Sula
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This page has a downloadable rules PDF and other literature:

http://www.looneylabs.com/lit/game/Pyramid%20Arcade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HarryCanyon wrote:
I'd like to create game pages in the same style as the main rulebook for the 22 extra games but I need the pdfs to use as templates.

I would be interested in this, planned to do it myself sooner or later (means later).

PS: I noticed that Blam! rules on looneylabs web are already in this format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dill wrote:
HarryCanyon wrote:

I would be interested in this, planned to do it myself sooner or later (means later).

PS: I noticed that Blam! rules on looneylabs web are already in this format.

Yes, Blam! is the only one in the current style. I'll certainly post it to the file section if I can finish the project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dill wrote:
HarryCanyon wrote:

PS: I noticed that Blam! rules on LooneyLabs web are already in this format.

Does anyone know if LL are planning to do all of them (the 22 extra, I mean)? Otherwise, I am also working on a project to adapt the rules to the same format (well, for an approximate value of "same" - e.g. leaving off the background to make the pages more print-friendly).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gamesbook wrote:
dill wrote:
HarryCanyon wrote:

Does anyone know if LL are planning to do all of them (the 22 extra, I mean)? Otherwise, I am also working on a project to adapt the rules to the same format (well, for an approximate value of "same" - e.g. leaving off the background to make the pages more print-friendly).

Would you mind doing a version with the background as an option? I don't have access to a good pdf editor right now but I want to make the pages look just like they do in the instruction booklet. I might even create a custom pdf for use with tablets. There, the background will make it really look nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HarryCanyon wrote:
gamesbook wrote:
dill wrote:
HarryCanyon wrote:

Would you mind doing a version with the background as an option? I don't have access to a good pdf editor right now but I want to make the pages look just like they do in the instruction booklet. I might even create a custom pdf for use with tablets. There, the background will make it really look nice.

Hi Eric. The template I have created uses LibreOffice (sorry, but I am biased towards Linux or, failing that, at least open source). Its a close match, but I will not claim its exact (in the sense of "just like the instruction booklet"). Adding a background color is fairly easy, except for graphic used as the diagonal fill pattern; I'd need to tweak that. Here's an example:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-fVBhB8oc_DN0tYWk5qb0pHcGc...

P.S. I am assuming you have seen the formatting project being reported on here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/208281/clean-2-column-rul...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice example, I like it.

Some suggestions:
- put the designer name under the title (see how Volcano and Homeworlds do this in the original rulebook)
- maybe use some less rounded font for game titles, to make them similar to originals (minor thing, not important at all)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dill wrote:
Nice example, I like it.

Some suggestions:
- put the designer name under the title (see how Volcano and Homeworlds do this in the original rulebook)
- maybe use some less rounded font for game titles, to make them similar to originals (minor thing, not important at all)

Good points both! Clearly I did not study the originals well enough shake

Updated version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-fVBhB8oc_Db1dOa2ZpckhZUUU...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.