Subject: Setup question: player discs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filip Lazov
Macedonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I wanted to ask if the two discs of player color placed on the corruption and fame track come from the initial 3 discs the player receives at start or from the suuply pool?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yegor Sadoshenko
Ukraine
Dniepropetrovsk
Dniepropetrovsk region
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the start. So that 1 goes on corruption, 1 on fame and 1 on the port. And you start the turns/rounds empty-handed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Lazov
Macedonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YeGor wrote:
From the start. So that 1 goes on corruption, 1 on fame and 1 on the port. And you start the turns/rounds empty-handed.

Great thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YeGor wrote:

Are you sure? What is your source?

This would make a huge difference. I like it, though. In my only game so far, I interpreted the rules to mean that players start with 3 disks in hand. At the end, the Fomori did not have a hope of outnumbering us.

With 12 fewer disks in players' hands (in a 4-player game), the race for supremacy would be much tighter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yegor Sadoshenko
Ukraine
Dniepropetrovsk
Dniepropetrovsk region
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Celtic Joker wrote:
Are you sure? What is your source?

The rules, of course. You take 3 discs, put them on corruption, fame and port. After that if you get buildings on earning cards, you grab the discs from the supply and are free to use them.
That stands to reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience, what stands to reason is not always what designers/publishers intend the rules to mean.

The rules do not state from where the players take the 3 disks, from their personal supply or the general supply.

Particularly, the setup diagram shows the disks sitting on the ports, the corruption track and the fame track, and also the blue player having 3 disks in front of them.
Usually, setup diagrams are laid out such that they represent the situation after everything is set up.
So from the diagram it would seem that the players start with 3 disks in hand.

The publisher is usually good about replying on BGG. I think we can expect an official answer soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Lazov
Macedonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe we can get an answer from the publisher on this?
From the way I understood the rulebook those 2 come out of the 3 initial discs, but makes sense to put them from the supply as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bienert
Germany
Gaimersheim
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Game's Up / Lookout Games
mbmbmb
Hi everybody !

The 2 discs for tracking Fame and Corruption as well as the start disc at a port are taken from the initial discs which are distributed during setup.

Best regards: Ralph (Game's Up)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Ralph.

In that case, I recommend changing the setup diagram to make it clearer.

And/or explicitly mention that players start with no disks in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.