Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Lopez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How *do* you count the final game contract at the end of a hand? I thought I knew and posted an answer but anohter BGGer thankfully pointed out the error of my thinking. Now I'm back to square one.

At the end of a hand, when tricks are collected, how is the best way to determine the contract value? For example, if I played against the other two players, I can't simply look at the stack of cards I won during play since there may (or may not) be matadors in the stack that weren't part of the original count.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question: how to determine game value after playing a h
The score is based on the jacks/matadors the solo player actually had available, regardless of whether he had them during bidding or picked them up with the skat. This is true even if he plays a "hand" game and did not look at or use the skat. And yes, this means you can lose a game although you got more than 60 points, in case you bid more than the hand's value.

Now how do you keep track of this? With practice! I.e., keeping track of matadors (and aces, and if you can, all other cards, too ) is a necessary skill for playing well. If you really can't remember (and it happens, especially if it's late and beer is involved), you need to reconstruct the game by looking at the tricks. But the default assumption is that you do remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.