Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: tanga [+] [View All]
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
First off: I do not work for TANGA.

In fact, I am a major critic thereof.

shake

In case you don't know. TANGA is a website which sells products which are "here today, gone tomorrow" as their moniker suggests. On feature of the site has been to provide daily puzzles. More information can be found at...

https://secure.tanga.com/about

This is my place to rant and encourage the exchange of ideas as to what needs fixing on the site, what would improve the site, and what needs a response from TANGAJOE or TANGAMONKEY.

The one thing that would benefit them most is a FOCUS GROUP. It appears that all of the site decisions that matter are made by the small group of people who are financially invested and therefore comprimised in their judgement about the site... As a veteran member of FG's, I thought I could help moderate such a discussion.

PLEASE USE THE "QUOTE" FEATURE TO REPLY TO A QUESTION.

*In no way am I criticizing the Tanga region of Tanzania.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
https://secure.tanga.com/blogs/901-Leaderboard-Oh-my

In response to the LEADER BOARD concept, and in conjunction with the elimination of the AUCTIONS. These are my two posts on the tangablog...

"I agree with Sunnydale. For over a month I too have been waiting for a new auction to spend my points.

So, the points are now only a status symbol for those people who dedicate themselves to all things Tanga (which isn't really defined clearly at this point) and glean fleeting fame.

Remember, every month you start over! And, don't have any social engagements at 9:00 CST!!! Congratulations. You may now kiss your bride, "TANGA!"

The veil of secrecy about such things reflects negatively upon Tanga. A new entity, which is trying to find an identity, like Tanga, ought to use focus-groups to decide such things.

Any logical person would realize that the TP needs to have a value for tangible, fixed, and easily understood rewards.

Without such, there is no incentive to expend such vast amounts of time and brainpower here. Sure, an occasional "good deal" on a game will bring me 'round when notified by email, but that's about it.

There are people who live for the puzzles. But, if that is your demographic, you will have eliminated 95% of your customer base.

Talk about corporate suicide. I know what TP will be used for then... the same thing that Enron stock certificates are good for...

In addition, another backwards marketing technique here on Tanga is the REWARDS program.

So, you want to invite more people to visit the site?

This will decrease your chances of three things:

1) Solving a puzzle first. (unless you invite your dumb friends)

2) Purchasing the product first or last. (less people=increased odds)

3) Actually buying... the precious games which appear on occasion. (You know, where if you fat-finger a key while entering your CC# and you miss out...)

I don't want anyone else to know about this site for those reasons. But, the third one is the most important reason why I will not share information about Tanga at this point.

And, with the ethereal nature of TP, the others really don't matter anyway.

These are the sorts of things that "human/face-to-face" focus groups with people who aren't invested financially in your burgeoning company would tell you.

You've shot your left hand with your right hand. It simply doesn't make sense.

We don't even know what the REWARDS are for signing people up. I don't think Rocketville (the game) or a snowglobe would be fair compensation. So, since everything else is fluid around here, why would the REWARDS program not be the same?

Sure, we sign up people. But, just before they make a purchase... "Oops, the reward program was just replaced by a videoblog with dancing llamas wearing kilts, singing songs by request."

That's TANGA... thanks for coming.
"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First question: What should TANGA POINTS be for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Second question: What encourages you to use the REWARDS program for referrals?

https://secure.tanga.com/about-tanga-rewards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Third question: What discourages you from using the REWARDS program for referrals?

https://secure.tanga.com/about-tanga-rewards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fourth question: What item(s) are you most likely to purchase from TANGA?

https://secure.tanga.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fifth question: Do you regularly solve the puzzles on the site (now called "one-word wonders")?

https://secure.tanga.com/daily-fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sixth question: If you are a regular puzzle-solver, do you like the change to the current two-puzzle format? If not, what would you change?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seventh question: What do you like about TANGATHONS?

"What is a Tangathon? It looks cool!

A Tangathon is when we decide to lose 2-3 days worth of sleep and sell items one after the other. When you see the “Almost Sold Out” button appear on the screen, you know that the next item will be for sale soon. Keep hitting the site during a Tangathon because you never know what kind of deal will be available next!
"

--quoted from www.tanga.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eighth question: What would you change about TANGATHONS?

"What is a Tangathon? It looks cool!

A Tangathon is when we decide to lose 2-3 days worth of sleep and sell items one after the other. When you see the “Almost Sold Out” button appear on the screen, you know that the next item will be for sale soon. Keep hitting the site during a Tangathon because you never know what kind of deal will be available next!
"

--quoted from www.tanga.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninth question: What is your favorite feature of TANGA? Please Explain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tenth question: What is your least favorite feature of TANGA? Please explain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eleventh question: Are you either receiving automatic email notifications or SMS notifications from TANGA? If so, how do like/dislike the system?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twelfth question: Have you used the TANGAGRAMS? If so, did you receive a satisfactory response?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thirteenth question: Have you submitted puzzles to the site? If so, how could the process be improved? What is worth keeping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fourteenth question: What is the singular most important reason for which you visit the TANGA site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fifteenth question: If your most important reason for visiting the site was eliminated or changed, would you still frequent TANGA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sixteenth question: From your experience, is TANGA open to feedback? (please, be honest and fair)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question seventeen: On a scale of 1 to 10 - How important is it to you that a site which you frequent on the web responds to your feedback? Explain, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question eighteen: What change to TANGA would improve it the most? (additions, revisions, eliminations, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question nineteen: What do you like about the TANGATRASH deals? What do you dislike?

https://secure.tanga.com/products/524-Tanga-Trash-Baby-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question twenty: Do you think that TANGA descriptions (for products, features, etc.) are funny?

"One time, I had a dream about Tanga and in the dream I thought I was a teepee and a wigwam. What does that mean?

Well, from the sound of your dream, it looks like you are just too tense. Buy more Tanga products and loosen up baby!"

--example quoted from www.tanga.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Items that happen to currently be on my "to buy" list, whether they be games or other products, and the pricing is as good as or better than what I can find on my own research.

edit: oh. the answers don't stick to the questions when replying to them... this answer was to question 4 "what items would you buy from TANGA".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fsumarc wrote:
Items that happen to currently be on my "to buy" list, whether they be games or other products, and the pricing is as good as or better than what I can find on my own research.

edit: oh. the answers don't stick to the questions when replying to them... this answer was to question 4 "what items would you buy from TANGA".

Mark, thanks for replying, and people can use the Quote feature to like feedback to a specific question... and it can be sorted from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
Question eighteen: What change to TANGA would improve it the most? (additions, revisions, eliminations, etc.)

Better products. The games they sometimes offer just aren't all that interesting (sorry Jeremy, but that's why they're Uberplay). More importantly, I'm not a technogeek, so I don't need car navigation systems or anything IPOD or any sort of computer gizmo. Some items that would be really useful around the house, like a stand mixer or something I could use for vacation, like a quality tent and sleeping bags...now those things would be useful. What is typically offered can usually be gotten from Woot or BGG Marketplace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.