Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joyce W.
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As of December 2016, Dollar Tree has double-six sets of reasonable-quality mini dominoes available. The pips are not inset, so I suppose they may eventually wear off, and the printing is not always centered on the face of the domino, but the size appears quite uniform (3cm x 1.5cm, and about 4mm thick). I bought two packages for $1 each plus tax, and have played Euronimoes with them twice so far. They stand on edge well (I have some other mini dominoes that are tippier). The 56 dominoes and 16 tokens fit into a tin I had that is approximately 3" x 4" x 1".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Ross
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I've been on the lookout for a new set of dominoes, since the two sets I regularly play with don't match all that well. It's nice for separating them back out again, but playing on the second level is a little tippy....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Black
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Discover the Fun
badge
mbmbmb
I've seen them around there a few times lately. They've also had packs of 10 d6's (white with rounded corners).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joyce W.
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll confirm that the pips on these inexpensive dominoes DO eventually wear off. I'm considering what to do about it. I might re-do the pips with different colors of nailpolish. For a new set, it might extend their life to give the faces a protective coating of some kind (clear nailpolish is what occurs to me, but I don't have a lot of expertise in this area).

As an aside, another nice game for two double-six sets of dominoes is the Domino Bead Game by Sid Sackson (on BGG as the tile-laying game Wu Hsing). Rules:
https://www.pagat.com/tile/wdom/bead.html
The original scoring can be WILDLY swingy. Spouse and I tweaked it a bit and there's a write-up in the Variants section of the Wu Hsing forum.

Also, I'm discovering that you can play a Kingdomino-inspired game with two double-6 sets as well. Lots of uses for a tin of mini dominoes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.