Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Jr. Rosbach
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
I misread the rule about hand limit. I have slight dyslexia and my eyes crossed and thought we discarded down to 6. Last night we discovered that it is suppose to be down to seven. We are about to get into May and this caused us to lose two of three games we have lost so far. So I was wondering if it would be reasonable to have a small compensation for this.

I was thinking something along the lines of an extra card for each player at game start or maybe an extra upgrade.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fox

Michigan
msg tools
mb
How do you know it caused losses?

I'd probably just increase funding by two and move on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jr. Rosbach
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Both those times we lost we were one cure away and the last guy would have had already if he didn't have to discard a card previously to get to six. In fact, one of those two defeats was one where we spent several turns getting a red card back as we discarded a red earlier thinking we should stastically get it back easily. The guy in question would have had four red in his hand at the end of his turn that he cured blue, and we had one other red that would of allowed us to cure red on his next turn. As it stood, it took several turns to get another red card and the game stomped us on the turn before victory with double epidemics. This was in April mind you, so that caused things to get really bad on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+2 funding per the official "oops" rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sai
msg tools
rmsgrey wrote:
+2 funding per the official "oops" rule.

Pretty much this. But, at the end of the day, it's your game and you can play how you want.

As far as balance, the +2 funding is probably the best way.

I wouldn't mess with the upgrades at all. They're pretty powerful and you can make things quite easy. On my play through, we lost 3 in a row during March and April. That's 6 upgrades in a month and a half. By the 4th game though, we had it way easier due to those upgrades. We haven't opened box 8, but I'm betting
Spoiler (click to reveal)
it would be VERY BAD. That's 8 upgrades in 2 months. Big advantage for the players.

The other thing you could try is give yourself a bit extra on the win bonus if it's not adding something permanent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.