3 Posts

Burger Up» Forums » Rules

Subject: 1st player changes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Walsh
msg tools
badge
After reading the rules, it seems as though 1st player does not rotate during the game. How would a 3rd or 4th player ever get a chance to buy from the market place? I understand purchasing cards reduces your score and is not always appealing...but in a 2 player game I was able to purchase all the ingredients that I knew 2nd player wanted every time.

What have your experiences been like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Parkes
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Are you playing the game so that each player plays their full turn (Market Phase > Building Phase > Burger Up Phase > Clean Up Phase) fully, before progressing on to the next player?

Since each player gets to do every phase in their turn and since the Market fully refreshes at the end of each player's turn, every player has a full market to purchase from, every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Walsh
msg tools
badge
torteth wrote:
Are you playing the game so that each player plays their full turn (Market Phase > Building Phase > Burger Up Phase > Clean Up Phase) fully, before progressing on to the next player?

Since each player gets to do every phase in their turn and since the Market fully refreshes at the end of each player's turn, every player has a full market to purchase from, every time.

Nope, totally played one market phase for all players, followed by the next three phases by all players. I knew I had to be playing it wrong for the 1st player never to change hands.

Thanks for the insight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.