Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend and had finally settled down for our nightly Carcassonne session. This game has become our way of relaxing. Some people have a glass of wine with dinner, others have a cigarette, some do yoga....we play Carc.

This game of Carc was unremarkable in most ways. She ended up scoring a lot of points on quick cities and paths and was lucky enough to draw four of the cloisters which ended up right next to each other. As usualy, I dominated in the farmer strategy. However, her early points were enought to secure a victory.

We then decided that we should play Carc: The Castle. It was our favorite game until we picked up vanilla Carc. We were interested in how our strategies may have changed after playing the more wide open original. Sufficed to say, this game is very different from standard Carc. The walls really make it interesting and force you to interfere with your opponents plans more often. I also noticed that I seemed to build myself (with a little unappreciated help from my girlfriend) into spots I could not possibly complete. The biggest difference was convincing my brain that so long as roads stayed connected, anything else could be touching. Quite a difference from standard Carc.

I ended up winning this game because my keep was 1 tile bigger than hers. She was ahead by one point until I scored the remaining space points.

The bottom line is that Carc and The Castle, while based on the same idea, are vastly different. Knizia has done a great service to the Carc empire with his 2 player version. While it greatly compliments the original, it in no way overshadows it. We love both games for different reasons.

Once again, a night of Carcassonne has proven to be relaxing, enjoyable and challenging all at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.