Popular Tags: [View All]
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am confused. Is the Trade Goods Event resolved in turn order or the order that colonists are placed in the Trade Goods Event box? How about the other events?

Merchant Shipping - is just majority and turn order is tie breaker.
Capital Buildings - is order the colonists are placed.
Discovery - is turn order.
Warfare - I don't know in what order this is resolved. To me it makes sense that it is done in the order the colonists are placed in the box. Also, the Warfare Event box can only handle 4 colonists? So at any given round there can only be a sum of 4 Battles and/or Wars?

Thanks for your time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it isn't the order placed into the box, that means going first is VERY important since you will get the primo pick at EVERY location.

I find it difficult to believe that is correct. We played turn order is only used in placement of people, not resolution....in other words, first in-first out at every location except discovery, which makes sense to be turn order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Barkam wrote:
I am confused. Is the Trade Goods Event resolved in turn order or the order that colonists are placed in the Trade Goods Event box? How about the other events?

Merchant Shipping - is just majority and turn order is tie breaker.
Capital Buildings - is order the colonists are placed.
Discovery - is turn order.
Warfare - I don't know in what order this is resolved. To me it makes sense that it is done in the order the colonists are placed in the box. Also, the Warfare Event box can only handle 4 colonists? So at any given round there can only be a sum of 4 Battles and/or Wars?

Colony Dock: 1 first, 2 second, and so on.

Trade Goods: Left to Right (i.e. in the order that they were placed).

Merchant Shipping: Majority with turn order as tie breaker

Capital Buildings: Left to Right (in the order that they were placed)

Discovery: Turn Order

Warfare: Left to Right (in the order that they were placed). Only Four wars/ battles per turn. Like almost alll action boxes in the game, the limit drives competition and stress. It also make paying $10 for a "War" worthwhile and validates the strategy of placing a colonist there "defensively": i.e. to limit the other players warfare options.

Thanks for your time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifications guys! Looking forward in getting my preordered copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you have to pay for a war?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jaredh wrote:
you have to pay for a war?

Battles are free. Wars cost $10.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1525989#1525989

--mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adi Krupski
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So if two people are tied in the merchant shipping box, the player that is closer to first in starting order wins? For example: 1st wins over 2nd, 2nd wins over 3rd, and so on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkey8 wrote:
So if two people are tied in the merchant shipping box, the player that is closer to first in starting order wins? For example: 1st wins over 2nd, 2nd wins over 3rd, and so on?

That is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.