Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
(Edited to fix the Dashian vague header)

This explains so much ><

(good article & source)
https://news.vice.com/story/journalists-and-trump-voters-liv...

The one thing I don'e like is when they say "The media bubble is real!"

In this case the 'media bubble' being 'there are no media in the trump bubble, but they're relatively evenly spread outside of it'.

Edit" I guess their treatment is consistent though; Clinton twitter followers are 'isolated' by being in a looser web that strongly correlates with people who follow both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
surprise Wow! TRUMP supporters were truly 'indicative' with being POLL-'dickheads' as shown with this! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Looks like you're going to be rather surprised when you find out about Gab then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
Looks like you're going to be rather surprised when you find out about Gab then...

I probably am, as I have no goddamn idea what you're talking about ><
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
windsagio wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:

memo:

At all times and in all ways RSPers are required to present themselves as hyper-competent. Basic principles and Wikipedia will make you an expert in any topic within 8 minutes.

Please report to Complaint Department for re-assignment. Your strengths may lie otherwhere. The Beatnik Coffee Haus for example. Dig it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
See I disagree: In RSP, if you don't get something, it's the person talking about it's fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
windsagio wrote:
See I disagree: In RSP, if you don't get something, it's the person talking about it's fault.

Well it has to be somebody elses fault cause it sure as hell can't be my fault.

At this point 'lefties' can run to their favorite safe space and righties can run to liebart to determine who is actually to blame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
windsagio wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:

The ultimate bubble - it is a Twitter alternative that has been adopted by the alt-right. Milo's banning from Twitter led to them seeking their own space. You might almost call it a ... safe ... space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Meet the CEO of Gab, The Free Speech Alternative to Twitter
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/08/23/meet-the-ceo-of-gab...
"I recently got the chance to sit down and talk to Andrew Torba, CEO of Gab.ai, a new freedom of speech-focused social network. Though the Twitter-style network was only launched last Monday and is still very much in early beta, thousands of people are currently waiting in line for an invitation to the service, which aims to act as a shelter for freedom of speech and expression"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:

It's a social network site beloved of the alt-right, neo-nazis, white supremacists, and the like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not shocking news. In general people who supported Clinton were more educated than Trump supporters. People with more education are typically used to dealing with ( or actively searching for ) information from various or multiple sources as most colleges tend to require a student to utilize multiple sources for backup. There are some exceptions to the rule. One doesn't necessarily have to be uneducated to be a right wingnut ( Ted Cruz or Ben Carson being obvious counter examples ), but it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:
This is not shocking news. In general people who supported Clinton were more educated than Trump supporters. People with more education are typically used to dealing with ( or actively searching for ) information from various or multiple sources as most colleges tend to require a student to utilize multiple sources for backup. There are some exceptions to the rule. One doesn't necessarily have to be uneducated to be a right wingnut ( Ted Cruz or Ben Carson being obvious counter examples ), but it helps.

Yeah I'd agree that it's not surprising, i'ts just a nicely dramatic visualization of the problem we're seeing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
From the Clinton Supporters "end" of this, it is quite noticeable that they LACK 'balls' due from what, precisely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many people that follow Trump probably just joined twitter to follow him and don't really care about what the latest Kim Kardashian outfit is, that's all this tells me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
ironcates wrote:
Many people that follow Trump probably just joined twitter to follow him and don't really care about what the latest Kim Kardashian outfit is, that's all this tells me.

Twitter's super useful for all sorts of things. You should try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironcates wrote:

"KIM'S CRAP FLAPS, KIM'S CRAP FLAPS!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
ironcates wrote:

was that supposed to be green text?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume this has to do with the lefts relentless attacks on Trump supporters. If you're on Twitter and are pro Hillary, you wont suffer any negative consequences in your personal life other then being made fun of.

If you're a Trump supporter on Twitter, you will be branded a racist,nazi,skin head and suffer real world consequences from that. So it makes sense to keep your twitter circles much tighter.

The other difference is that leftists want to be accepted and have their opinions validated by their peers.As such they use social media followers as a signal of their own self worth or value to the hive.

Conservatives generally just want to be left the fuck alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
mbmb
TheChin! wrote:
rinelk wrote:
ironcates wrote:

was that supposed to be green text?

Not at all. I really like Twitter. Sure, I use it for things like making sure I see new Dinosaur Comics, which are no less frivolous than following Kim Kardashian's ass, but I also follow political representatives and commentators, some of whom give me a perspective I don't get anywhere else. I have some idea that Brazil's been in democratic crisis because of it--that's part of the reason I think Trump's threats to refuse to concede the election were genuinely concerning. I see some out-of-the-mainstream views on animal rights and economics, learn about new games and updates for old ones, and can directly engage with my elected representatives (or their twitter representatives, anyway) if I feel like it.

I also like that it gives me reason to consider brevity--some of you have probably noticed, I'm not great at that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I assume this has to do with the lefts relentless attacks on Trump supporters. If you're on Twitter and are pro Hillary, you wont suffer any negative consequences in your personal life other then being made fun of.

If you're a Trump supporter on Twitter, you we be branded a racist,nazi,skin head and suffer real world consequences from that. So it makes sense to keep your twitter circles much tighter.

The other difference is that leftists want to be accepted and have their opinions validated by their peers.As such they use social media followers as a signal of their own self worth or value to the hive.

It is a shitty medium, it takes all the shaming, bullying and negative peer pressure of grade school and amplifies it exponentially. On the plus side, sometimes some people's facades slip and you get a glimpse of what they really think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
Not at all. I really like Twitter. Sure, I use it for things like making sure I see new Dinosaur Comics, which are no less frivolous than following Kim Kardashian's ass, but I also follow political representatives and commentators, some of whom give me a perspective I don't get anywhere else. I have some idea that Brazil's been in democratic crisis because of it--that's part of the reason I think Trump's threats to refuse to concede the election were genuinely concerning. I see some out-of-the-mainstream views on animal rights and economics, learn about new games and updates for old ones, and can directly engage with my elected representatives (or their twitter representatives, anyway) if I feel like it.
I'll admit, not being on twitter I don't know what Twitter Square is, but can't you get the same functionality from Facebook?

rinelk wrote:
I also like that it gives me reason to consider brevity--some of you have probably noticed, I'm not great at that.
Eh, brevity is overrated and the refuge of the lazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
TheChin! wrote:
rinelk wrote:
I'll admit, not being on twitter I don't know what Twitter Square is, but can't you get the same functionality from Facebook?

rinelk wrote:
Eh, brevity is overrated and the refuge of the lazy.

You're absolutely right about the shaming and bullying--part of the reason I like Twitter is that I'm not famous or female. And that's just intolerable.

I'm unfamiliar with Twitter Square--might that have been an autocorrect? Anyway, I find Facebook posts usually inflated with extra verbiage that doesn't add to the content but slows me down. If you're going to announce a new game, great! I want about 140 characters about it, and a link. I DON'T want your whole press release.

Also, I'm lazy. I'd like to be lazy better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
I'm unfamiliar with Twitter Square--might that have been an autocorrect?
No, somehow I totally misread "sure". My bad. From there I concluded there must be some kind of Facebook-like construct within Twitter I was ignorant of.

EDIT: Well, I guess it was an auto-correct, a defective monday-morning-crippled algorithm in my own brain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
TheChin! wrote:
rinelk wrote:
I'm unfamiliar with Twitter Square--might that have been an autocorrect?
No, somehow I totally misread "sure". My bad. From there I concluded there must be some kind of Facebook-like construct within Twitter I was ignorant of.

EDIT: Well, I guess it was an auto-correct, a defective monday-morning-crippled algorithm in my own brain.

Thank you sir.
The voting booth is just over there.

LOL
I'm no beter.

And yet somehow we keep our lives running.

edit: For a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
jeremycobert wrote:
If you're a Trump supporter on Twitter, you we be branded a racist,nazi,skin head and suffer real world consequences from that. So it makes sense to keep your twitter circles much tighter.

the most active trump supporters on twitter are also racists or nazis or skinheads

jeremycobert wrote:

when given the choice between having their opinions validated and being left the fuck alone by the jeremy coberts of the world most people would choose the latter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.