Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: loophole [+] [View All]
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE: This exchange inspired a geeklist where users can add ideas for ways to improve the spirit of BGG. Please visit that list and add content...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/22020

This was at first a selfish plea for five thumbs. It has become a pay-it-forward GeekThumb Exchange forum. Feel free to join in.

"I still haven't figured how to link my geeklists to the new BLOG feature. So, two of my more humorous geeklists have washed downstream without much chance at life... "

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/21675

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/21949

"I need(ed) two thumbs on one list and three on the other to acquire a copper geeklister badge. It would mean a lot to me if you could help me out."

"And, maybe, you would tell me if you think that these lists are actually funny, or if I am deluding myself. All I want is to be loved!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
STRAP IN » BURN ON » BLACK OUT
badge
HIT 'EM FROM ORBIT
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PLEASE HELP! Your thumb needed...
I'll thumb yours if you thumb mine:

Not much of a GAME, but what an EXPERIENCE!
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/4409

Geeklist of merit from BTE (Before Thumb Era)? You be the judge...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There. I thumbed em all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Is this where we ask for help with our unloved geeklists?

I was trying to do a poll for Spiel des Jahres, but it flew off the front page...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/21950

..and I was trying to amass a list of "import only" games...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/21915

Save my lists from obscurity too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:
I'll thumb yours if you thumb mine:

Not much of a GAME, but what an EXPERIENCE!
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/4409

Geeklist of merit from BTE (Before Thumb Era)? You be the judge...

THUMBED!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bop517 wrote:
There. I thumbed em all.

THANKS, GARY!!! And I thumbed every one of your geeklists.

GARY only needs a couple of thumbs to get the badge... will someone do him a favor? Most were pre-thumb lists...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edosan wrote:
Is this where we ask for help with our unloved geeklists?

I was trying to do a poll for Spiel des Jahres, but it flew off the front page...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/21950

..and I was trying to amass a list of "import only" games...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/21915

Save my lists from obscurity too!

Both lists thumbed, and I added my comments for Jahres voting, and an item to your second list...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the copper/silver/ gold were based on number of an item, not thumbs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
diehard4life wrote:
Both lists thumbed, and I added my comments for Jahres voting, and an item to your second list...

Thanks! I really thought it would be cool to get some sort of a poll before the award came out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:

In some cases it is number of items with a minimum thumb count. For example, only images with at least 3 thumbs count towards getting an image uploader badge.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:

* Game Reviews
o Copper - 10 Reviews
o Silver - 50 Reviews
o Gold - 100 Reviews

* GeekLists (with at least 5 thumbs up per list)
o Copper - 5 GeekLists
o Silver - 25 GeekLists
o Gold - 50 GeekLists

* Images (with at least 3 thumbs up per image)
o Copper - 10 Images
o Silver - 30 Images
o Gold - 100 Images

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Microbadge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

In some cases it is number of items with a minimum thumb count. For example, only images with at least 3 thumbs count towards getting an image uploader badge.

-MMM

That's kind of stinky. I mean, it ignores history. I have dozens of reviews with no thumbs because there were no thumbs at the time, and a ton with like 1 because they were stumbled upon after thumbs, and if posted today, they would have 30 thumbs. I understand you're saying for images, but its the same concept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthan Heiselt
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'll thumb your back if you thumb mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Octavian wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

-MMM

That's kind of stinky. I mean, it ignores history. I have dozens of reviews with no thumbs because there were no thumbs at the time, and a ton with like 1 because they were stumbled upon after thumbs, and if posted today, they would have 30 thumbs. I understand you're saying for images, but its the same concept.

Agreed... I will thumb all of your geeklists (which also requires 5 thumbs for 5 Geeklists). Thanks for your thoughts... OH, there was one which I had previously thumbed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthan wrote:
I'll thumb your back if you thumb mine.

DONE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, does someone want to exchange thumbs for images? I need a few to get my silver badge... meeple

Thanks to edosan for replying (exchange done).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When do we get session report badges?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rukasu wrote:
When do we get session report badges?

No clue. But, I did thumb nearly all of your uploaded photos, so you are very close to the copper image thumb... if you haven't earned it already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so I have decided to try and enable all of the people on my friends list to complete their system awarded microbadge requirements.

And, some other random people who I respect on the site.

I have another suggestion. I am now going to approve & RECOMMEND any good image that is submitted when I mod. If three of us do so, that image counts for that uploader toward the image-uploader microbadges.

Otherwise, so many great images get buried and are not seen again.

And, when I find an image which helps me to see bits, or see what I need to see for a game, I will thumb it. It takes little time. It sort-of pays the deed forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if I could be so bold to ask:

My favorite thing to do here is to create player aids and tools. But really, the files section does not get much attention. People download and use, but do not thumb or GG on them much on the page for the particular file. (I am guilty of this as well!)

Files are due for a modernization soon. Categorization, sample shots, etc. One of the problems is that if a new version is uploaded that thumbs and GG do not move to the new file. It is lost when the old one is deleted.

So I humbly submit my player aids to BGG. This is where I keep track of them personally. One of my future projects is to get screen shots of each one for my geeklist and upload them into my personal area, if I can get around to it.

Geeklists of all of my contributions:
Page 1: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/9552
Page 2: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/11931
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
I chopped off my left thumb, who do I send it to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xlyce wrote:
I chopped off my left thumb, who do I send it to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Okay, at the risk of being greedy, if I just get a couple more thumbs on my recent Geeklist, I can have a microbadge, so whaddaya say? Please?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/22010

It's got people getting thrown into volcanoes! Sea monsters! Kung fu! Fightin' robots! Nucular war! People riding dinosaurs fighting each other! Multiple Napoleons!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edosan wrote:
Okay, at the risk of being greedy, if I just get a couple more thumbs on my recent Geeklist, I can have a microbadge, so whaddaya say? Please?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/22010

It's got people getting thrown into volcanoes! Sea monsters! Kung fu! Fightin' robots! Nucular war! People riding dinosaurs fighting each other! Multiple Napoleons!

DONE. Now you need one more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Octavian wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

-MMM

Paul, since you specifically mentioned thumbs, I should point out that there is no thumbsup quota on reviews, only GeekLists and Images. Which hampers me somewhat since the majority of my GeekLists are pre-thumb days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.