A Feast for Odin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Codliver Oil Presser 175B rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone! Today I played my first 3 player game. It was really fun. One of my friends got this card and give me a doubt. Here is the explanation in the appendix:

Quote:
"Each time you receive at least 1 stockfish from an action (on an action space or via an occupation), you can buy exactly 1 oil for 1 silver. (This effect does not apply to Bonus.)"

May this card be activated if you get the stockfish by an upgrade action, or can only be activated by an action that get directly the stockfish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no. Because it specifies "from an action space or occupation", it would also specify from an upgrade if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
colemunrochitty wrote:
I would say no. Because it specifies "from an action space or occupation", it would also specify from an upgrade if possible.

It says from an action, not from an action space. Because of this, I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To me the distinction is in the word receive, with upgrading the tile you could say you don't really receive a tile but more exchange it.
Don't know but I would say they don't count. But could very well be wrong here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought more and I think you're right, it probably doesn't count upgrades. Maybe Frank can answer when he has time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Quichotte
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Spukky wrote:
To me the distinction is in the word receive, with upgrading the tile you could say you don't really receive a tile but more exchange it.
Don't know but I would say they don't count.

But to me "exchanging" = "giving" + "receiving". So I guess upgrading to stockfish does activate the card. I suppose the wording in the appendix is intended to rule out the situation when you receive a stockfish in the bonus phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can use it, the players always try to create limits where there aren't
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
alexandermagno wrote:
Hello everyone! Today I played my first 3 player game. It was really fun. One of my friends got this card and give me a doubt. Here is the explanation in the appendix:

Quote:
"Each time you receive at least 1 stockfish from an action (on an action space or via an occupation), you can buy exactly 1 oil for 1 silver. (This effect does not apply to Bonus.)"

May this card be activated if you get the stockfish by an upgrade action?

Yes. If an action leads to a stockfish you can use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sasquach sasquach
msg tools
mb
What about this scenario:
I already have 1 beans. I use weekly market field for 1 viking to get 1 coin and 1 beans. Then I use Bean Farmer (57B) to convert 2 beans into 1 peas, 1 mead, and 1 stockfish. Can I then use Codliver Oil Presser (175B)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sasquach77 wrote:
What about this scenario:
I already have 1 beans. I use weekly market field for 1 viking to get 1 coin and 1 beans. Then I use Bean Farmer (57B) to convert 2 beans into 1 peas, 1 mead, and 1 stockfish. Can I then use Codliver Oil Presser (175B)?

You're getting a stockfish from an occupation, which is explicitely allowed, so why wouldn't it work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sasquach sasquach
msg tools
mb
Thanks. That's what I was thinking.
I was a little bit confused because on the Codliver Oil Presser card there is a text that says (translation from Polish) "After an action that uses vikings that gave you a stockfish...". So i was thinking maybe it only works with occupations like Cutter Operator (179B) that gives you a stock fish as a result of an action.

Can somebody check what's the text on Codliver Oil Presser in english or german edition. I wondering if this inaccuracy is only in Polish edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.