Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

How does it work? Do you put it somewhere on the board and then claim it? Do you put a cube on it?

Confused?

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You place the tile and mark it with your cube as it could potentially come into play for Most Tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
You place the tile and mark it with your cube as it could potentially come into play for Most Tiles.

I am still confused by the symbols on mars. I thought covering symbols mean you get X steel/plant/etc. That card makes it sound like you increase your production.

If one puts that tile on a hex with 1 steel symbol, what happens?

What am I missing?

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So with Mining Rights, if I recall correctly, it tells you that you must place it on a space with a steel or titanium placement bonus. You collect that bonus as normal and then increase the production of the material on that space by 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack is exactly right. The card instructs you to place a tile on an area with steel or titanium bonus. As you always would when placing a tile on the board, you collect that bonus - one or two steel or titanium - immediately. If it happens to be next to an ocean, you also get 2 MC per adjacent ocean tile. Then, following the card text, you also increase your production of that resource by one.

In short, the card text doesn't replace the normal placement bonus, it augments it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if there are no more areas free with steel or titanium bonusses you need not place the mining tile at all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
papadjango wrote:
And if there are no more areas free with steel or titanium bonusses you need not place the mining tile at all!

As it is a requirement to place the tile, in that situation you can't play the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoy your 1 MC for selling it. That's part of the game too. You might keep certain cards, but the opportunity to play them passes you by at some point, leaving you with just the ability to sell it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
papadjango wrote:

As it is a requirement to place the tile, in that situation you can't play the card.

This is correct, although not very likely to happen. There are 8 non-ocean steel/titanium bonus spots where you could place this tile - I don't recall them all taken in any game I've played. And if it does happen, then it's probably so late in the game that the card wouldn't earn you much anymore anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that its "corporate era" counterpart, "Mining Area" requires you to place the tile adjacent to a tile you already own
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.