Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know gnolls can move backwards (against) the arrow when going for the nearest hero, but do they ignore the arrows altogether and can move like the players? Or must they still use the arrows for movement either forward or back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quazi Kenshin
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
OPACY
badge
{^,^} meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that all non-player units MUST obey the directions of the map arrows. Some units have conditions which allow them to remain in a room, but none can move back from whence they came.

A Gnoll will remain in place if there is at least one legal target in the same room, otherwise it will follow the arrows towards the next Hero.

Also, a gnoll will stop movement as soon as it enters an area with at least one hero (i.e. it does not have to use up all 2 movement points)

If there are multiple paths the gnoll can take, it always chooses the one which gets it closer to a hero, otherwise it will head towards the rift.

If there are multiple targets a Gnoll can move towards, the rift lord decides the Gnoll's path.

(edited to add rule)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pretty sure the Gnolls can move backwards, but I did initially miss that players need to follow the arrows (forward or back) as well.

That's what learning games are for!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zedoh6 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that all non-player units MUST obey the directions of the map arrows. Some units have conditions which allow them to remain in a room, but none can move back from whence they came.

A Gnoll will remain in place if there is at least one legal target in the same room, otherwise it will follow the arrows towards the next Hero.

no completely right...
I`m not home, but where they talk about movement, there is diagram showing gnolls moving against the arrow.

gnolls (and lions in unchained) follow the heroes, no the rift, hence they can move backwards.

They, as heroes, and need to follow movement rules though, hence "they still use the arrows for movement either forward or back", no hero or enemy can move in between tiles if they are not connected by an arrow; imaging this tiles no adjacent / divided by a wall.

also..
zedoh6 wrote:
Also, a gnoll will stop movement as soon as it enters an area with at least one hero (i.e. it does not have to use up all 2 movement points)

again sorry, cant referred you to the page in rulebook; but a gnoll can pass a hero as long as he has another one he can reach..
e.g.
tiles start > A > B > ..
start tile: one hero
A: one hero

he could spawn in start tile and either attack hero in star tile or in A at Lord rift discreption (or team)

BUT if
start tile: hero
A: none
B: hero

In this case he HAS to attack hero in start tile, cause he cant reach hero in B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.