Popular Tags: [View All]
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This is the solution I came up with for boxing up the game for now. Won't really work with multiple boxes if you get 2x core sets and I'm not even sure how/if I'll integrate the Curse of the Rougarou into this or any other scenario packs in here. Most likely going to have to move to a bigger box or figure something else.

The box in its resting state, everything closes up fine.

Box opened up, booklets sitting on top

Booklets out, the card slots and the token tray up top. The token tray comes out and there's some other bits underneath. Because of the fluid nature of this game and the decks in it, I keep rather loose definitions for what go in each of the card slots. The top two are the Encounter card & Player card decks (essentially unused cards go here). The middle two rows hold the current/next scenario cards (agenda/act/location cards for 1 scenario) and my Player decks (holds two 30 card decks). The middle section is getting swapped out as I move between scenarios, with limited interactions with other decks as needed.

And with the token tray removed. On the left it holds scenario cards not in use and the other not-in-use investigators. The right side holds the chaos tokens. Eventually if I get a bag I'll probably drop in-use tokens in the middle of the box, but for now I use the Arkham roller iOS app to do my draws.

With nothing in there. There are slices of foamcore beneath the decks to aid in picking up cards.

Well that's my foamcore setup for now. Whenever this gets expanded, it will become obsolete, but it works for now, even holds sleeved cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ddavbro Ddavbro
France
flag msg tools
mb
Very nice!
But could you tell me where you got the tray and the card slots from?
I live in France and would very much like to find something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ddavbro wrote:
Very nice!

hmm... this is a foamcore solution. I'm pretty sure it is self-made
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
Ddavbro wrote:
Very nice!

hmm... this is a foamcore solution. I'm pretty sure it is self-made

Yes, I just made it the length of the box by cutting/gluing together 3/16" (~4.7625 mm) foamcore. The width is a few inches (whatever allows for 2x3 cards in the card slots in the other sections).

Here in the US we can get foamcore from craft/hobby stores, not sure where in France they sell that stuff at, but I imagine you must have something similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Atredis
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
without having the physical box in my possestion at this time, i am curious, would it be possible to lay the cards on their horizontal edge, like many DBG's do, and have a few rows of storage? Perhaps at an angle in case the cards are taller than the box? Would be more funtional than this solution theoretically. Although, I did somehting similar with my Elder Sign game before the expansions, and now it is impossible to fit it all in the core box anyway. (granted, that box is small). Otherwise, I do like your work here, foamcore is a wonderful material and this insert looks well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You definitely can't stand them on their sides straight up, the cards are 2.5" wide, whereas the box itself only comes up about 2" (~10"x10"x2" outside dimensions). Possibly you could put the cards at an angle and add in dividers or something and get quite a bit more space out of it that way. This design definitely has wasted space, but you can still really only get about two rows. You could potentially still do it with a removable token tray if you slimmed the tray down and deepened the walls, and then filled the rest of it with two really long rows of slanted cards. I'm hoping one of the expansions that comes out will be taller, but I'm guessing I'll have to get some other storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Great Googly Moogly!
badge
That's the sealiest thing I've ever heard!
mbmbmbmbmb
paddirn wrote:
You definitely can't stand them on their sides straight up, the cards are 2.5" wide, whereas the box itself only comes up about 2" (~10"x10"x2" outside dimensions). Possibly you could put the cards at an angle and add in dividers or something and get quite a bit more space out of it that way. This design definitely has wasted space, but you can still really only get about two rows. You could potentially still do it with a removable token tray if you slimmed the tray down and deepened the walls, and then filled the rest of it with two really long rows of slanted cards. I'm hoping one of the expansions that comes out will be taller, but I'm guessing I'll have to get some other storage.

You're nearly exactly describing the broken token insert.

http://www.thebrokentoken.com/compact-card-game-organizer/

I will say it is a good insert, but the problem it faces is similar to what you face - there is only so many cards you can fit in that tiny box, no matter how you organize them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I went the foamcore route I'd just build it to full card width box height, it's only adding about centimetre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Atredis
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
supermarino wrote:
paddirn wrote:

You're nearly exactly describing the broken token insert.

http://www.thebrokentoken.com/compact-card-game-organizer/

I will say it is a good insert, but the problem it faces is similar to what you face - there is only so many cards you can fit in that tiny box, no matter how you organize them.

I do enjoy thier organizers, and i actually had not seen this product before. I have done "overheight" formcore before which worked out well for my Catan set (base, 5-6 player base, C&K, T&B, Allies all in one box. For the moment I may go with the BT, but I think doing a foamcore to set the height tall enough for completly straight cards would be my total solution. I dont plan on sleeving due to costs over the long term so I figure I could put quite a bit into the box before i needed another option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dursch
United States
Farmersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see ya around here Sid Been a while since i've been around the CW threads.

I was considering foam core solutions, but I forsee us outgrowing these boxes so fast. I gave up and just went to 550 card boxes for ease of sanity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered this one since it stands the cards straight up. My only concern is it's going to fill quickly and I will have to find something larger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.