Sander Engel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corresponding FFG topic is here.

Hello friends,

I am glad to present you Terrinoth Expanded Project (TEP), a fan-made content for Descent 2nd Ed. that stays true to FFG language, math and quality. You may be sure that there is only comfort and joy of playing one of your favorite board games and totally no cognitive dissonance!

At the moment TEP is a compilation of some of my 2015-2016 projects that I made for my Descent 2nd Edition play groups, and will be expanded further, if you express your interest (loud).

NOTE: For minor part of TEP content certain official FFG components are required. Tips: If you lack a green power die, read text “add 1 green power die…” as “…may apply +1 SURGE, -1 DAMAGE to the attack results”. Also, you can easily find (and print) all Condition cards on the Wiki.

I encourage you to use TEP content in 4-heroes play with overlord using a Plot deck from one of the Lieutenant Packs. Other expansions are also highly advisable for the sake of game balance. It works OK (with little restrictions) with co-op systems like FFG official co-op systems, Nerdook's and RedJak's fan-made co-op systems.

Feel free to share your experience of using TEP content in your D2Ed play, especially in full campaign mode.

Tell your friends about TEP today! Also, tell me about typos or other issues, if any.

Currently available TEP content:

TEP Hero Pack 1. Far Borders. Includes: Martyr, Mercenary, Runerunner, Sea Dog.

Links (last versions):
Martyr+Mercenary print ready PDF, A4, CMYK
Runerunner+Sea Dog print ready PDF, A4, CMYK

We always hear stories of noble knights and mages from wealthiest baronies. Let me tell you the story of four heroes that came from far borders of Terrinoth.

Martyr. A few poor villages on the border with savage Uthuk Y'llan lands had been left without any care by its baron for countless years. The way of blood magic and martyrship was the only way to survive the locals could afford. Finally, this blood swept land gave a birth to the one whose destiny is not only to be one of the keepers of his village but also to become a savior of all Terrinoth. But the cost will be high.

Mercenary. The fate of mercenary is always a surprise. Even for himself. Once a nobleman or a furrier’s daughter, now is a “hired courage” bringing mercy of their blades to the farthest corners of the Terrinoth. A baron, a demon or the evil overlord himself – not a big deal. The question is, can you pay?

Runerunner. People always need runes. Scholars, runemages, warlocks, sages, collectors – demand is huge and growing. Also, governors of many lands bring their rulings to control the market and confiscate the real gems of the world of runes for themselves. Not all runes are equally healthy, some even are dangerous, - they say. Therefore, there is always a shady job waiting for volunteer mage. Cross borders with a bag o’ rare runes. Sounds simple, but isn’t. You got to be really prepared if anything goes wrong.

Sea Dog. Sea Dogs or The Brethren of Blood Sea, as they call themselves, were the most fearsome and well organized group of pirates until most recent time. Rumor has it that they have made a pact with the evil overlord, even served him for a while until the overlord broke the pact and spent their lives and their ships, pursuing one of his dark goals. Only a few survived. Now Sea Dogs live for the sole vengeance, marking each overlord’s minion they can find with their black spots.

TEP Hero Pack 2. The Witcher. Includes: Dampyr, Doppler, Jaeger (Werewolf), Witcher.

Links (last versions):
Dampyr+Doppler print ready PDF, A4, CMYK
Jaeger+Witcher print ready PDF, A4, CMYK

“Because there will always be darkness. And always in darkness evil will be waiting with fang and claw, murder and blood. And we will always need witchers. And those witchers will always be where they are needed.” (A. Sapkovski, Season of Storms)

This is my take on what if Geralt of Rivia had found arachyura instead of IDR UL Ex IX 0008 BETA monster in his travel through space and time (A. Sapkovski, Season of Storms). And you always travel with your friends from Neutral Darksiders Club, right?

Dampyr. Prototype: Emiel Regis Rohellec Terzieff-Godefroy (A. Sapkovski, Baptism of Fire).

Doppler. Prototype: Tellico Lunngrevink Letorte or Dudu (A. Sapkovski, Sword of Destiny).

Jaeger. Prototype: Otto Dussart (A. Sapkovski, Season of Storms).
Tip: You may use a separate figure instead of placing Wolf Form token on your figure's base. I use D&D Castle Ravenloft Werewolf figure (also for the Beastmaster's Wolf).

Witcher. Prototype: Geralt of Rivia (a mix between A. Sapkovski and CD Projekt RED).

DISCLAIMER: ALL CONTENT BELONGS TO THEIR ORIGINAL AUTHOR.

SPECIAL THANKS: FFG, Paul Smithe (zaltyre) and Matthew Brothers (BJZSN) for inspiration and parts of the code

Tell me if you plan to translate my work to your language or use it other way than just playing D2Ed.

Good luck with that!

Yours Sander Engel (seeman8813)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sub'd. I'll look at all the classes soon. What would you consider next for your ted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Lundkvist
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Witcher - Blizzard Potion: "add Grey defense die to your ATTACK roll..." should be Defense

Looks interesting, thanks for uploading

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixed. Thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfinityBlack14 wrote:
Sub'd. I'll look at all the classes soon. What would you consider next for your ted?

Most likely Hero Pack 3. Depends on people's support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Roehrig
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you upload the files in german as well, if I provide you with the translation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebiroe wrote:
Would you upload the files in german as well, if I provide you with the translation?

The short answer is yes. But I would want to hear a word from 1-4 native Germans-proofreaders that will confirm that your wording is nice to a German ear. And it's your task to find him/them, sorry. I know there are some Germans on this and SW:IA forums.
And, please, use wording of the official German ver. of Descent 2nd Ed.
PM me and support me with .doc/.docx when you finish your translation. I'll do the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foxreinard wrote:
Some constructive criticism
Regarding Coup de Grace...
Regarding Mercenary Contract/Know Your Enemy...
Regarding United Offensive...
I hope my suggestions help.

Constructive criticism from the community is the thing I was dreaming about. Thx!

Regarding Coup de Grace:
Read +3 HP as +2 HP, I copypasted wrong iteration of skill image while non-stop forging PDF last evening (before-EvadeManeuver version). Being a warrior, he has a mediocre to low HP progression, as you see (armor should compensate it - depends on your choice of skills).
This is not "automatically defeat a monster". This is “save attack action for 1 FATIGUE”. A lot of restrictions and you got to be really lucky to beat 9-14 HP beast down to exactly 1-2 HP. The skill is degrading in Act II. Also, the overlord (you) is always aware of the skill and can do a lot of things to save his monster during the said attack. The Dampyr’s skill is a bit pricey.

Regarding Mercenary Contract/Know Your Enemy:
Keeping search tokens is nice but the general problem with D2Ed design (also with hokku poetry) is that you have to keep the min. amount of text on the card.
You can keep no effect counters on a Class card between two quests (Step 2 of Campaign Phase reads: “all effects end”). You have to remember such things between encounters (also to roll for free stand up actions for each KO'd hero and so on). Pen and paper, pen and paper.

Regarding Seasoned Fighter & United Offensive:
Thx for your var. Also, you cannot give what you don’t have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool concepts.
Some skills seemed to me a bit/a lot overpowered.
Also, I noticed a consistent use of the expression "line of site" instead of "line of sight".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
Very cool concepts.
Some skills seemed to me a bit/a lot overpowered.
Also, I noticed a consistent use of the expression "line of site" instead of "line of sight".

Thx! Fixed that LOS typo.

Classes like Witcher and Doppler are mediocre, you can play them against pure base game. On the other hand Dampyr is strong for a reason. You want to use him in the "lots of expansions included" type of game, like you do with Apothecary and Beastmaster. You want to take Dampyr with you when your party follows the path into the Land of Mists (Tainted cards included). At the moment, the overlord has a ton of useful and very effective instruments/combos at his disposal.

There are 2 things behind the scenes (the starting point for me with TEP):
1. statements of some hero payers that some FFG Classes are doing the same things as other FFG classes but in a less effective way so they always choose most effective class. Good example is "Runemaster vs Geomancer" (DD-conditions builds).
2. All your D2Ed mediocre to low heroes you paid for. If you really want to try them against an experienced overlord, you need something as strong as Knight, Beastmaster, Runemaster or Apothecary/Mok+Bard. Again, use Witcher-like Classes or less DD/movepoints-optimal builds, if you are one of the less experienced overlords on this forum or if you play against such overlord.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Roehrig
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seeman8813 wrote:
Sebiroe wrote:

The short answer is yes. But I would want to hear a word from 1-4 native Germans-proofreaders that will confirm that your wording is nice to a German ear. And it's your task to find him/them, sorry. I know there are some Germans on this and SW:IA forums.
PM me and support me with .doc/.docx when you finish your translation. I'll do the rest.

Sounds great. I`ll get to work then. You will hear from me again in some weeks I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebiroe wrote:
seeman8813 wrote:
Sebiroe wrote:

Sounds great. I`ll get to work then. You will hear from me again in some weeks I think.

Abgemacht!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.