Joaquim Freitas
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

The WoW Miniatures Rulebook in English only exists in a online version?

A physical version should come with the miniatures or not?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fairley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Toronto - Ottawa - Seattle - Abu Dhabi
mbmbmbmbmb
Not.

I'm sure the deluxe version we're not getting has it. The rules aren't drastically different from the boxed game.

It unfortunately makes sense since shipping a rules booklet with each plane would a) increase the price and b) be incredibly wasteful as no one buys just 1 plane.

j.,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joaquim Freitas
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That obviously makes sense.

When I said «come with» I was thinking about «available to purchase with», probably it was not clear...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. A larger version of the rulebook (including scenarios and a few scenario special rules, such as new rules for bombing similar to thoise inluded in the WWII collection) will be available in the "WoW DeLuxe" box, but only in Italian - French - Spanish - German as far as I know. The box will not be available in English, so FFG decided: then the rulebook will not be available too.

All the best,

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The English version could well come sooner or later. Each market has own dynamics and the fact that Nexus chooses to do a certain product does not mean that all our international partners must do the same.

Certainly it was not meant as "saving money" for the company!. Instead, it was intended as a way to avoid duplicated contents across different products. Famous Aces is a good entry point to play with the miniatures, and you don't really need anything else than Famous Aces and 4 figures to have a complete set to play with 8 paper planes or 4 miniature planes.

Again, it's worth mentioning that the Deluxe Edition is essentially a bundle, including certain items from previously released sets, together with 4 planes from Series I. There is nothing new there, except:
- the specific miniature rules
- new scenarios (and scenario rules) to make the most out of the 8 planes in Series 1 and Series 2

We have not allowed the new scenarios to be posted on the web until the Deluxe Set releases, according to Nexus' policy that some contents in a new product are not distributed through the Web until the product's release date. While of course it's good that people have enough information to do a proper purchase of a new item, we don't like that the novelty of a new purchase is worn off by over-exposure of the contents before time.

We will post the scenarios on the Web when the Deluxe Set is released around the world, and we will also allow FFG to present the english version of the scenarios on their web site.

At that point, there will be nothing in the Deluxe Set that the English language players will not be able to purchase differently. It is quite possible, of course, that if many english-speaking customers will ask FFG to release the Deluxe Edition, in the end they will do so, but in the meantime you must not see this product as the Holy Grail of Wingsofwar-dom just because it's not available in your territory!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel the need to thank the publishers and designers that openly communicate with us on these forums. It is much appreciated!

DT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone who wants some scenarios can look at the Famous Aces/Watch Your Back! or Burning Drachens rules, which are available for download:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/wingsofwarsupport.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.