Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Double Plus Undead
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that I have a lot of games that end with more than one player having zero points. The rulebook says to play 5 rounds, and a "round" is when each player adds one card to the hills. So, each player uses half of their cards. Am I playing this right?

This seems a bit odd, since there's no tiebreaker in the rulebook. Should I just play more rounds, so that more players end up having to take cards before the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
pirate_chef wrote:
I noticed that I have a lot of games that end with more than one player having zero points. The rulebook says to play 5 rounds, and a "round" is when each player adds one card to the hills. So, each player uses half of their cards. Am I playing this right?

This seems a bit odd, since there's no tiebreaker in the rulebook. Should I just play more rounds, so that more players end up having to take cards before the end?

I believe one round should be when everyone has played their entire hand, so you should play 5 hands. Only playing 5 cards seems like it would be extremely unsatisfying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Bailey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is the entire hand. Once everyone has played their cards, they draw a new hand. Whatever you took during the round gets put off to the side for you to add together once all the rounds are done.

If you tie in this game, I think that would be pretty special and should stand as is.

Edit: Rereading the rules, those are pretty poorly written. but here is another discussion on what a round is What exactly is a round?.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
The "round" definition is a mistake in the Endless Games version of the rules. If their round definition were right, the game is pretty much pointless, because as you say, you only play a few cards then it's over.

As Byron said, play your whole hand, that's one round. Then the game becomes fun, and zero scores after five rounds are pretty rare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
The "round" definition is a mistake in the Endless Games version of the rules.

Note these sentences at the bottom of the first page, with my highlight.

The remaining cards of the deck are put aside.They will not be used until the next hand is dealt.

So it certainly seems to fit that "hand" is what should have been used instead of "round" at the top of the first page.

Then it also fits when "round" is used on the top of the second page,

Game play is in rounds.

Where a "round" is shown as consisting of all players simultaneously revealing a card and then resolving placement of those cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james howlett
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that needs to be added to the games I've beeb playing wrong thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.