Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Burton
United States
Bear
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody have any suggestions on where to get some "break-away" felt table tops for gaming? I need something big enough to hold a full game of some large scale games (ex. TI3 and Descent). I don't mind if it's 1 piece or many, but I really want to avoid a poker table top (so as not to give first time visitors "false hope") and pool table tops (despite the fun combination possibilities). Also, if the place has online ordering or is a chain (Target/Walmart/etc) that'd be great. Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't quite get what you mean by break away, please clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, not clear on "break away" but if you just need a cover for an existing table here ya go!

I found this not too long ago so it was fresh in my memory:

http://www.thehomemarketplace.com/homemarketplace/Shopping/P...

There are probably tons of options out there:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct...

using: poker table cloth

I made my own using cheap felt from Jo-Ann fabrics (a U.S. chain) - a friend with a sewing machine made a fold around the edges and I just pulled a cheap string through and bought "button lock" - no clue what they are really called - maybe one of the craftier folks will know - the little dodad that you press to open and keeps strings from escaping seen on coats quite often - again at Jo-Ann's. Total cost ~30$ - I've dragged it from event to event for over 3 years now and washed it several times. Seems to be holding up nicely. So if you happen to have and know how to use a sewing machine or know someone who does there is the DIY method:
http://www.joann.com/joann/search/search_results.jsp?CATID=c...

Here is mine:

Good luck!
Van

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
Falcon 2018 September 28, 29, 30 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased one of those tri-fold cardboard displays that you get on the cheap at places like Staples or Office Depot ... then I used fabric adhesive and glued felt to the inside (so it still folds).

I then bring that with me and throw it on the table if I think we're playing a game that'll shift around. It hold TI3 plus the expansion ring just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burton
United States
Bear
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions guys!! By "break-away" I just mean that they're not actually a part of the table, but something that can be easily removed. Looks like you knew what I mean, sorry for the confusing terminology!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.