Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought someone may have posted this already but I can't see it.

Second Chance Games have an arrangement with GMT that means people in Europe can order P500 games VAT and shipping pre-paid (they bulk ship to Europe).

Check it out at Second Chance Games, they have a link to the GMT announcement.

Just to point out, I have no connection to either company. I'm just really pleased to be able to use the P500 system to ensure I get the games asap, and at what seems like a good price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy P
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the lack of GMT titles appearing at Esdevium this is rather good news. (They haven't had any copies of Sekigahara in stock yet as far as I can see.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert
Netherlands
Voorburg
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.secondchancegames.com

Not really anything for me unfortunately

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunter Tätte
Estonia
Tartu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Udo Grebe Gamedesign has been doing the same thing (to my knowledge).
http://ugg2nd.de/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Traquan wrote:
http://www.secondchancegames.com

Not really anything for me unfortunately

Just to be clear, SecondChanceGames will only do the distribution, you still buy the GMT P500 games from GMT website and select European friendly option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Yes,

GMT will take the order and deal with charging credit cards and keeping the P500 customers notified and making sure delivery address information is upto date.

We will receive the items en mass and send the orders out from the UK to the recipients.

Mark,
Second Chance Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Housden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Doesn't this still make the games insanely expensive? Have I missed the point you guys are making? Is the point that these games are not easilly available elsewhere?

I was looking at Pericles, which I would really like. But it looks like: $60 cost plus assuming a six pound package $30 (plus) in postage - say $90 - I have purchased things like Virgin Queen or Churchill for around sixty quid. Would I be better waiting for the games to hit retail as they inevitably will?

Don't take this as a trolling post. I've been following Pericles for some time but cannot see me justifying getting such a costly game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Parka
England
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Mark, is there an option to collect directly from yourselves? I'm not too far away (ellesmere port), seems easier to come and have a browse round the shop! I drove down a few months back on a Saturday afternoon but unfortunately you were closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy P
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doktor avalanche wrote:
Doesn't this still make the games insanely expensive? Have I missed the point you guys are making? Is the point that these games are not easilly available elsewhere?

I was looking at Pericles, which I would really like. But it looks like: $60 cost plus assuming a six pound package $30 (plus) in postage - say $90 - I have purchased things like Virgin Queen or Churchill for around sixty quid. Would I be better waiting for the games to hit retail as they inevitably will?

Don't take this as a trolling post. I've been following Pericles for some time but cannot see me justifying getting such a costly game.

A few quick reason I thought of in a matter of seconds, there may be more, but take this as just initial thoughts.

Each P500 order usually gets you entitlement to buy in a sale of other items at hugely reduced prices. I got Sword of Rome and the expansion delivered for under £30 about 3 or maybe 4 years ago.

You get to support GMT directly and get the P500 discount which usually offsets the extra postage and can be more when the exchange rate is better than currently is.

I have copies of some of the C&C Ancients expansions that have p%00 bonus scenarios inside them.. I do not wish to suggest this always happens as my Space Empires expansion certainly didn't have that sort of thing, but its another possible/theoretical gain.

The final one is that there will not be that nasty Post Office handling fee which will not be needed, that alone will take £8 off the price of ordering direct.

And no, I didn't think you were trolling. seemed a reasonable question to me.
Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Little Englander
mbmbmbmbmb
And let us be honest, if the Nazi British Customs get hold of it you can guarantee you will be shafted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've signed up for 4 games. They are discounted from the normal GMT price but as you say once you add shipping it will probably be the same as buying it here. The thing I'm interested in is ensuring I get a copy of the game. I've missed games that don't get here in sufficient numbers and sell out really quickly. Not GMT, but take Heroes of the Falklands, I never got a chance to pick up the new version before they sold out. And I can see that happening with games like Fields of Fire. Some GMT games are on their third print run as they just don't print enough and they either don't get here to the UK, or the few copies that do sell out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Housden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks guys, so for me it sums up as: support GMT, and guarantee a copy of the game. The forex rate is what it is and this is the 'euro friendly GMT' thread so customs or post office fees are not relevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Parka
England
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm looking at it from the point of view that you're helping the games get made too (navajo wars - I'm looking you!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom M
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mb
Terry there are still copies of Heroes of the Falklands available at http://www.boardgamegeneral.eu based in Belgium (I think) or you can wait for a restock in the U.K. Possibly around March?.. but who knows really

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already received a couple of P500s via this method and it works brilliantly. It was sometimes a hassle to have to pay the extra VAT, plus that appalling £8 admin charge that gets added, and I had been thinking of giving up on P500s and hoping for the best that UK retail would get enough copies to satisfy demand.

I like to play a part in the P500 system and do my bit to get the games published that I want to see, so this arrangement with the excellent Second Chance Games is great, and I can continue to use P500.

Many thanks to both GMT and Second Chance for setting this up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravanna09 wrote:
Terry there are still copies of Heroes of the Falklands available at http://www.boardgamegeneral.eu based in Belgium (I think) or you can wait for a restock in the U.K. Possibly around March?.. but who knows really

Thanks Tom, I checked out the site and it looks good. But after I added Falklands and Victory Roads to my basket and went to checkout the shipping charge was €29.95 (£25.11) so I didn't order. As a comparison, UGG (https://ugg2nd.de/) charge €10 for shipping similar items. I think I might hang on till March for the Falklands.

I've just ordered Victory Roads from Second Chance Games with shipping at £4.50

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom M
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Terry. I hadnt heard of UGG before.
Ive never bought from Boardgamegeneral before. To be honest i found their prices higher than usual, before adding shipping aswell. But its a good backup just in case...
I was eyeing up Heroes of the Motherland but made the same decision to wait for a future restock elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.