GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,873 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Dynasties: Heirate & Herrsche» Forums » Variants

Subject: 2-player variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It plays like the 3-player game, with the next adjustments:

Setup: Place a neutral color meeple in two cities per country, one on a Prince placement field and one on a Duchess placement field.
(If you wish you can use the action cards with the special action "Place a Prince/Duchess in a specific city" for this. Seperate per country and draw 2 per country, place the first meeple on the Prince, the second meeple on the the Duchess.)
Setup (every round): Place a neutral color meeple on the leftmost ship on the big placement field.

Game play: Marriage with the neutral meeple: Roll the 3 dowry dice. If you are on the bigger placement field: take and execute two dice, if you are on the smaller placement field, take and execute one die.
Game play:Trade: When you place a meeple on the smaller placement field of the ship with the neutral meeple: take 2 goods and discard the other goods and the neutral meeple. Refiil as usual.

End scoring: The neutral meeple colour is taken into account when resolving majorities.

PS I found this variant somewhere, but I don't remember where...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy van Lieshout
Netherlands
Huis ter Heide
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it any good, this variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it OK. I've played several plays of it this way.
What I like: you start the game with more options because the neutral player is already on the board.
What I dislike: after the start it's a bit static because the neutral player does not enter the board after the set-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy van Lieshout
Netherlands
Huis ter Heide
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this variant this evening and I think you could make it a bit better.

We felt that becoming second was a bit too easy.

So, our idea...

When you marry the dummy player it gets the dice you don't choose. Most importantly the blue, yellow, red or grey seals. In this way the dummy player becomes more competitive when it comes to majorities at the end of the game.

(Maybe you can also do this with the cubes from the ships too for those yellow goal cards..)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Oud
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how the singles of the neutral player in this variant are being treated after the second round. Do they all stay on the board or are they all removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.