2 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: High Noon Scenario and Bone Saw rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brach Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, i have been playing and enjoying SOB solo for a bit now. I came across a couple questions i can't find a direct answer to and wanted to see if i could get some help. Thank you in advance.

1. In the high noon scenario (brought on by daily events), the instructions say to multiply health and damage by the posse level. I am level 5 at this point so if i understand correctly, that would mean the bandit is 40 health to kill (8 health normally) and damage from a hit would be 15 (3 damage normally). Is my interpretation of the damage level correct? it basically means 2 hits and you are dead. I guess that seems thematic as its a duel but this is a pretty one sided duel in most cases because the the health of the bandit (and defense of 2).

2. I have the bone saw item which allows you to pay a grit to reduce defense to 0 (if you do a combat hit) for that enemy you are targeting. Does this card override tough capability or an enemy like a guardian that critical hits only reduce their defense to 2?

thanks very much.

Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Lieberoth
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1.) That's how we play it.

2.) If the card doesn't say anything of the sort, then no. It doesn't get affected Tough or other related abilities that has to do with e.g. crits. I think we'd decide to play like Tough would still keep defense at two as a house rule, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.