Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay guys, at the request of a few, I have tried my best to make it so that anybody could create their own Automod template.

http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/automod/

I realize that using this will be complicated and complex. I've done the best I can to make it as easy as possible while still maintaining the frame work that I had already set up for running Automod games.

Please use this forum as a way to discuss confusing aspects and for asking questions or making suggestions for improvements.

The most important thing to remember is:
If the form doesn't let you do something, it is probably because the Automod code can't handle it, so just ask me about it and I'll see if I can program in that ability.

Also, Jmilum and I have reserved edit and testing abilites on any and all rulesets, although I doubt we will interfear with out a good reason.

For my own benifit I'm going to try to keep a list of ideas I'm pondering. These are things that currently Auto-mod can't do and I'm working on figuring out if there is a way to make it so automod can do it.

Future Ideas:

Rejected Ideas
Hidden Roles - Too complicated and no-replayability
Modifiable Victory Conditions - Sort of in that you can include more than just wolves for parity, but other than that not really, as I can't figure out a good way to incorporate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pragmatically turning whims into principles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thanks!

Any way I could create a hidden roles auto-mod game, or will I have to mod my idea myself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redhawke wrote:
Wow, thanks!

Any way I could create a hidden roles auto-mod game, or will I have to mod my idea myself?

Yeah, hidden roles will be especially tricky because it is only through the visible role type that cassy can tell the difference. I'll think about the feasability of hidden roles, but for now I think you will have to mode it yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pragmatically turning whims into principles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Using new cassandra features makes me happy inside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redhawke wrote:
Using new cassandra features makes me happy inside.

Creating them (and then having people use them) makes me happy inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This is great! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm assuming you can delete a roleset once you've created one? I don't want to create one now unless I can delete it and get it out of the way since I don't have any specific idea in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avin wrote:
I'm assuming you can delete a roleset once you've created one? I don't want to create one now unless I can delete it and get it out of the way since I don't have any specific idea in mind.

yes you can delete, and as long as you leave the game in "Edit" mode nobody will see it when trying to start a new Automod game so it won't be "in the way".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
Presenting the first new creation:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/168807

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
A few requests.

I'd like to be able to set this up:

Quote:
Evil roles:

Wolf (2) – Each night, select a player to kill. If only Evil players are alive, evil wins.

Sorcerer – Select someone at night and find out if they are a seer. Wins if the wolves win, even if dead.

Good Roles - All are considered Good Villagers:

Seer – Each night selects a person and finds out if they are a WOLF.

Random Role Seer – Each night this person is told the role of one person that voted for him/her (in the final vote). The person they see is randomly selected. This RRS is seen as a SEER to the sorcerer.

Hunter – Not the hunter you’re used to online – this is the hunter of F2F games. If the hunter and a wolf are the last two players left alive, the hunter kills the wolf and the village wins.

Villager – Basic, run of the mill villager.

Attributes

These are randomly assigned to a villager. It is possible for them to both be assigned to the same villager.

Tinker - Will appears as the wolf to a seer view. Will appear as a seer to a sorcerer view. The tinker does not know he/she is a tinker and will receive the PM of the villager.

White Hat -- Will be revealed upon death or lynch as a VILLAGER. This villager does not know his or her status as the White Hat.

(Roleset stolen from Acekim and then later from myself)

So I'll need:
-Random Role Seer
-Tinker Attribute
-White Hat Attribute (I think it's only available as a role currently)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the attributes will be tricky to figure out how to do, and the Random Role Seer, will take some thinking.

With the RRS will they get a view if they were not voted on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The attributes might be able to be handeled the same way the hidden role idea above could be handeled, if I do it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
With the RRS will they get a view if they were not voted on?

Nope. They only get a view if they were voted on.

And it is possible they could view the same person the next day as it is random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Note: There appears to be no "submit" button when editing the game title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avin wrote:

Guess that idea didn't work... let me go fix that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
Avin wrote:

Guess that idea didn't work... let me go fix that.

I'm not sure why it isn't working so this may take a bit, in the meantime any of the other section's submit buttons will work as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay... it is fixed now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
request:

manually set how often cassy checks thread/posts vote count (i.e. override the default 1hr setting)

it'd be awesome if we could setup turbos and have it do counts every 5 minutes w/ 20-25 minute days

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Stevens
United States
California
flag msg tools
dkromm wrote:
request:

manually set how often cassy checks thread/posts vote count (i.e. override the default 1hr setting)

it'd be awesome if we could setup turbos and have it do counts every 5 minutes w/ 20-25 minute days
Oh man, that would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkromm wrote:
request:

that's my department and i am working on it. most likely not until a switch to the new box though as it puts a load on the system to scan and input the posts and such. the whole scanning system will have to change as currently there are a set number of time slots (once every 3 min i think) and a new game gets the next open slot (optimized to be spread out across the whole hour). then each min, the system checks to see if it is supposed to scan any games.

i need to change this from a set time slot to an interval system. that would give us great flexibility.

i also might try using the thread xml api just for getting votes. i can't use it for the posts as a whole since the xml api returns the posts in raw bgg markup and not html. that would be fine for votes. the only problem with that is that currently the xml api does not give the article_id of the thread..... oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we need to create a simulation system to run some of the new automod templates a few hundred times and see how things turn out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two roles i've seen in several games, but automod can't do it yet, i think:

Passive priest. Role reveal as long as at least one priest is alive

Martyr. Bodyguard that gets killed when his protégé is attacked.
Edit: Or maybe that is the bodyguard currently in automod? Whatever. I've seen bodyguards that block the kill, and others that get killed instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
The current bodyguard that it has is the martyr-type that always dies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
Two roles i've seen in several games, but automod can't do it yet, i think:

Passive priest. Role reveal as long as at least one priest is alive

Martyr. Bodyguard that gets killed when his protégé is attacked.
Edit: Or maybe that is the bodyguard currently in automod? Whatever. I've seen bodyguards that block the kill, and others that get killed instead.

The Passive priest ability would probably be the easiest thing to program mentioned so far, the only question is to put it as the "Role Reveal" field or the "Priest Type" field. Probably for programing reasons it would make more sense in the Role Reveal field, but that might confused people since I have the Priest type field.

As for the blocking bodyguard rather than a martyr type bodyguard, Well, I personally think the blocking type is way to powerful to the point of being unbalanced, and it would be extremely difficult to program Cassy to make sure they can't guard the same person in a row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
As for the blocking bodyguard rather than a martyr type bodyguard, Well, I personally think the blocking type is way to powerful to the point of being unbalanced, and it would be extremely difficult to program Cassy to make sure they can't guard the same person in a row.

i agree w/ that. blocking is way too powerful, even if they cannot protect the same player consecutive nights. evil does not get to kill who they want and they also miss reducing the number of players. w/ the martyr type they at least get the latter even if they miss the former

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.