Kevin
England
Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
But we have to change the rules because Monopoly's so boring!
mbmbmbmbmb

okay, so there is a meeting at the end of the day.

The rules say, you don't get any rewards until the end of the da,y so they can't be used until the following day/round.

My point is, is a meeting after the end of the day? so that any rewards gained on the day of the meeting can be used.

If I get for example, a seat during the day, do I get to use it at the meeting?

Is the same true for books and part vouchers gained so that they could be used to score against a goal card at the meeting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the rewards after you finish your turn. So if you received a shift and a seat, as soon as you're done with your actions, flip an available seat or put red seat on your board and increase your shifts.

The only reason there's a delay in rewards is so you don't spend them on the same actions that netted you the rewards.

In short, you get them before the meeting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
England
Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
But we have to change the rules because Monopoly's so boring!
mbmbmbmbmb
i thought so and I've always done that, until a rules layer queried it when it was benefiting me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, I think that is the intent, but I can see the lack of clarity in the wording since it says they're available after the end of the day. The "workday" is never defined explicitly, if this means your workday or the end of the round is the workday. The meeting takes place after everyone is done for the day, but doesn't explicitly say if it's mechanically within that day or some abstract Twilight Zone time which is how I play it

I also noticed on my last play, that the order for Meetings and End-of-Week Scoring are reversed if going in order of execution. If they both happen in the same round, the End-of-Week scoring will go before the meeting due to their positions on the conveyor belt, but they are listed in opposite order in the rulebook, giving the impression of that order.

TL;DR. I'm sticking with my guns, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coren wrote:

TL;DR. I'm sticking with my guns, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was corrected.

What is TL;DR? Why use abreviations that are not defined in the same article?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klbush wrote:
Coren wrote:

What is TL;DR? Why use abreviations that are not defined in the same article?

Hah. I only laugh because I hate the overuse of acronyms in posts. TL;Dr is not a game acronym, though, and is never used in its expanded form, kind of like e.g. or NB. It's forum speak for the summary of the post and stands for: "too long; didn't read."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.