Popular Tags: [View All]
Reanna; just Reanna.
United States
New Eagle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do you keep your games? We have two shelves that are full of other stuff, right now husband is cleaning out a high up shelf in the closet. Not that I'll be playing alone or have people over often to play with, but it's not a place I can really reach. What does your storage setup look like? Suggestions? We live in an apartment and while it's not small, it's layout is awful and there's no where convenient to put another shelf EXCEPT in a closet if it's short enough...

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mb
Show me your game shelf! has lots of pics of storage solutions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reanna; just Reanna.
United States
New Eagle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I still haven't figured out how to search within the forums. Apparently I am a 90 year old tech-wise in a 31 y/o body.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ReannaLynne wrote:
Thank you! I still haven't figured out how to search within the forums. Apparently I am a 90 year old tech-wise in a 31 y/o body.

Please don't be hard on yourself. This site is not the most user friendly. You'll get the hang of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
I`m with you on that! Technology evolves quicker that we can keep up!

On shelving, I have had great results with Bestå from Ikea. But when I moved, I didn`t have any room for those shelves anymore, so right now I am using one of my wardrobes. Not the most ideal storage, but they do the trick to comprise my collection at an as little space as possible in my small appartment. My big dream is someday buying a bigger home, with a room for my own game storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reanna; just Reanna.
United States
New Eagle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elida wrote:
I`m with you on that! Technology evolves quicker that we can keep up!

On shelving, I have had great results with Bestå from Ikea. But when I moved, I didn`t have any room for those shelves anymore, so right now I am using one of my wardrobes. Not the most ideal storage, but they do the trick to comprise my collection at an as little space as possible in my small appartment. My big dream is someday buying a bigger home, with a room for my own game storage.

Husband and I are hoping to buy next year, and that's one thing I am looking for; a place that has a room to be the gaming room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mb
There is the forum search: https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/search/region/1

You can use "search forum" and select one if you only want to search in a specific forum, like "Women and Gaming".
I don't like the BGG forum search much, so I usually just use google with something like "shelf site:boardgamegeek.com" (or "shelves", or "storage").
And in this particular case I just knew the thread existed because I'd seen it before and did a ctrl +f search on the "Women and Gaming" forum overview that shows the threads in this forum, sorted by most recent activity, to re-find it. So it was more about being familiar with the forum than tech skill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin D.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikea has some shelves that are made for photos but they display games facing out really well. Your collection is pretty small right now so this could be a good temporary solution until you have a dedicated space. I have my Oink games on this one, but it can easily hold two standard sized game boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.