Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Cannon
United States
CUMMING
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest newsletter from Jay mentioned that Space Dealer would be available "Later in June". Does anyone know if that is a full English version or is it an import of the existing version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
The original edition came with English rules (in addition to German rules), so no separate edition is needed. Of course this doesn't really answer your question, so I'll add it to the list of questions for Jay...

Eric
Editor, http://www.BoardgameNews.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy, the JKLM Games release, came with both German and English rules, although the English rules were not that easy to follow. It also included a CD with the 30 minute game clock 'spacey' audio trak. Unfortunately, the CD did not include the video on the play of the game, which is specifically mentioned in both the English and German versions of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Henry Rhombus wrote:
The original edition came with English rules (in addition to German rules), so no separate edition is needed. Of course this doesn't really answer your question, so I'll add it to the list of questions for Jay...

IIRC, there was German text on the components, though. While some of them were fairly obvious to understand at a glance, some were less obvious. I would be interested to know if an RGG reprint would have English components, not just English rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
CUMMING
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff wrote:
IIRC, there was German text on the components, though. While some of them were fairly obvious to understand at a glance, some were less obvious. I would be interested to know if an RGG reprint would have English components, not just English rules.

That's what I am looking for. I'll probably still buy it if it is German, but I've been holding out because I was sure there would be an English release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assumed this would be an Antike-style modification. Antike originally had German/English rules/components and was modified for full English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Don't waste your money

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
coxy_fc wrote:
Don't waste your money

Yeah, you should only like the games that I like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coxy_fc wrote:
meeoow! sorry i thought people could voice their opinions (or have things changed in the US?). My opinion being the game sucks and is a waste of money.

The underlying reasons you have given are quite illuminating. I can't fathom why anyone would anything other than bow in your direction for giving such a well-thought out critique. I mean, how can anyone not grasp how their preferences will definitely be out of sync with this game, given the detail you put into your posts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Robinson
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coxy_fc wrote:
jeez we're all a bit bitchy today, aren't we? It was just a comment in a thread where a long 'critique' would probably be boring and in-appropriate. Next time I'll put more into it.

Man, you don't mind dishing it out but if anybody gives it back, they're "bitchy". If you go fishing with a pointless negative comment in a thread like this, don't object to the catch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
coxy_fc wrote:
Don't waste your money

Don't waste your time listening to this

I'd post a reason, but it would likely be boring and in-appropriate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coxy_fc wrote:
meeoow! sorry i thought people could voice their opinions (or have things changed in the US?). My opinion being the game sucks and is a waste of money.

Ah, yes. The old "it's a free country, ain't it?" argument. Ignoring the fact that this is a private website which guarantees no one the right to voice their opinion, and the fact that the right of US citizens to voice their opinion has changed, free speech is not exclusive of good manners.

Thread crapping is not welcome in any country.

I hereby declare you an enemy combatant, which gives me the power to hustle you off to a prison in third-world country with no chance to defend yourself in court, detaining you indefinitely and subjecting you to torture at my leisure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Eat your vegetables. Except broccoli.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So much hate for one little comment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you hate it? Opinions are fine. But, just saying something sucks doesn't help anyone out to know why they might like or hate it if their opinion differs or is in-line with yours. A littel detail, though it might be boring, will do wonders for stating an opinion. I personally am on the fence on this one. TAMSK fell short of the other gipf games. I don't think it is the fault with the timers, but I want to know why it sucks for some, and is loved by others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Since RGG is doing the game now, that means that the game will be available in Belgium too. We expect the game here in a couple of weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
So getting back on topic, has the components been reprinted in English or still in German.

It appears to be shipping now based on my last check to Thoughthammer that shows it in stock. So I assume someone out there has bought it already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.