Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps it’s just my brain working in a weird way, but the Twin Win rules in Pyramid Arcade might be interpreted the wrong way. In the “How to Play” section it says:

Quote:
During each turn, you must take two actions. Usually you will use both of these actions for piece movement, but sometimes you might want to change Goals.

• Move Piece(s): Move one piece two spaces or two pieces one space each. You can move a piece of ANY color, but you can ONLY move the topmost piece in a stack. Pieces can be stacked onto any and all sizes. The arrows on the Twin Win board show the legal movement options.

• Change Goal(s): You can use an action to trade in one of your Goal cards and draw a new one to replace it. You can use both actions in one turn for this, either replacing both Goals, or changing one, then changing it again. Draw the new Goal first, then place the old Goal on the bottom of the stack. You are not required to reveal your old Goal.

I actually interpreted this (and played this way the first time) as saying each bullet is one action. The wording "Usually you will use both of these actions for piece movement" and the having the first bullet headed "Move Pieces" pushed me in that direction.

In other words, moving one piece two spaces or two pieces one space is just one of the two actions you must take. Therefore, we were actually taking four movements per turn. (And oddly, it worked just fine.)

After watching the PA video, I know that’s not correct. But I just thought I’d throw that out in case anyone else is as dense as I am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
I interpreted it exactly the same as you at first. Then when played, this felt weird and wrong, so I had a look at the video.

Just to say you're not alone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Hoagland Family
United States
Mount Holly
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here! I am glad to know it wasn't just us who got confused by the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rex, you just answered my Black Ice question about null dice, and now you're here asking/answering the same question for Twin Win.

The rules as written seem to clearly indicate your interpretation (moving 1 piece twice or two pieces once) is only one of your two actions, but it also seemed strange. Seems like the rules could use some work, as I've run into ambiguities in the two games I've played, which are each labeled "simple".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.