John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have been doing well by buying sketches then coloring them.

Resulting in this art for a single game.

Bad guys for memory game - this designer is Cost effective, easy to work with

Teen Detectives - need more (dog/animal) Designer: little more per sketch but I'm not sure I want this.

The art is contrasting, I have 2 more to color and as a scooby parody I might get a dog or animal. I might break away and not do a animal.

Q: as for the art, what direction would you go? If I got more sketched art what should it be and why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilhem Bedos
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends: what's your game about? Which genre/mechanic(s)? Which setting?

Judging by the art style, I assume it is modern/contemporary, but it still is a bit vague: is this an investigation game, in an urban fantasy decorum and with plenty of super heroes fighting mad scientists? Or is it a stealth-based game with a lot of realism?

More precisions would help us helping you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guilhem wrote:
It depends: what's your game about? Which genre/mechanic(s)? Which setting?

Judging by the art style, I assume it is modern/contemporary, but it still is a bit vague: is this an investigation game, in an urban fantasy decorum and with plenty of super heroes fighting mad scientists? Or is it a stealth-based game with a lot of realism?

More precisions would help us helping you

I got a dev thread but in a few words. this is love letter-ish. 2 ideas going 1) rules for playing in front of you to go for points. 2) playing the same cards for clues. to solve a mystery.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1649302/wip-ruby-ru-18-card-...

MORE
As soon as someone has the most value played in front of them, then players 2 and 3 will fight to solve the mystery (big points). Even though most if not all rounds come down to a random guess I want to make the math so that if you got all the teens to would end the round without guessing who did it.

Also if you get greedy for points I want there to be triggers that will show all of your Clues.

I think it might be 8 clue cards and 10 teen cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.