BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: People who like Codenames. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I recently got some birthday money and play mostly with my family and friends as I don't really have a group anymore. They all love playing Codenames and I was looking for games I can get to play that are similar yet a little more involved. I was thinking about Murder Deception In Hong Kong and Mysterium and its expansion. Would these be safe purchases for this situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My personal choice:
Mysterium
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
eker wrote:
My personal choice:
Mysterium

Thank you. I can afford both and I hve had my eye on both for a while so it would be alright to assume these are different games that scratch kind of the same itch right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there is any reason to get both. I do think Mysterium is a much better game, so that's the one I would choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
The group that I play Codenames with (and all three other couples bought their own copies) loved Deception when we played last month. Played 5 games in a row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mysterium and Deception are very different. Easily justifiable in the same collection, IMO.

Mysterium is a pure co-op and much longer than Deception. Deception is a 5-10 minute game with secret identities and traitor(s).

Get them both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks I'm going to go with both games and the expansion. Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.