Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Finally after "years" of playtesting, the new improved OverLord module has been posted on Vassal.

http://vassalengine.org/community/index.php?option=vassal_mo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news, Brian. I've never tried OL, but M'44's one of my favorites and I *am* curious. If you need a player sometime, lmk. (I may not be as easy fodder for you in this as I was in BattleLore ...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jpat wrote:
Good news, Brian. I've never tried OL, but M'44's one of my favorites and I *am* curious. If you need a player sometime, lmk. (I may not be as easy fodder for you in this as I was in BattleLore ...)

I am up for PBEM games if you want to get these going again. I had problems with my Battlelore module and can't load my open games. But anytime you are ready for this or the other modules, drop me a line!

Overlord is a different way to play the game for sure. It takes a little getting used to and Bilbel did a great job of incorporating the changes. I have been playtesting it for a while and look forward to it finally being publicly released.

I think it really works well for PBEM also. Each turn takes longer (so it is more satifying to play just one turn at a time) but the games seem to take about half the number of turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. Sounds good. I'll GM you about it.

On a more general note, where do these files go? I've got the .zip file downloaded, but it's still packed together. Do these files all go in the extensions folder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Bill wasn't sure why it kept reverting to ZIP file. Leave them packaged together as the ZIP file and place it in the Memoir44_ext folder (or whatever the exact name is). Once you open Vassal, you will see the Overlord listed under New games and see the 5 official scenarios there.

Also, Bill summarized the card changes and some other quick info under "Notes" - be sure to check that out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've left the Overlord file as it was when I DL it (zipped) I usually do-but I still can't get this mdx filesto load when I use the M44 6.2 mod....it won't load the Eastern/Pacific or the Terrain pak (2 of these files were updated 5/16/07 still no joy)...I get a tab listing in M44 6.2, once opened showing Standard Scenarios & Official scenarios...all fine a dn dandy there but none of these (Eastern, Pacific/terrain pak/mdx mod files on Vassal website will load...I noticed the actual M44 mod that is downloaded from Vassal has the file name of Memoir44v6.mod Memoir '44 base module version 6.2 updated 8/14/06. This mod is actually the 6.2 mod once opened in Vassal (shows it in the text panel once opened)

I've tried so many different ways of naming the M44 mod & _ext folder I'm exhausted from it all....and frustrated as hell. I'm not new to Vassal I've used it for years and generally have had no problems with mdx files bu the M44 mod just won't make them load. Disappointed!

Any help here would be much appreciated....VASSAL Iis such a godsend when it comes to my kids little curious fingers fiddling with ongoing games/counters/figures left on an table...THANKS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
When I first loaded the OL extension, it didn't come up either. But i also forgot to delete out my playtest version. So I deleted everything OL and resaved the file. I have had no problems with it.

if evertyhing was working before, OL should have just been saved in the same extenion folder with no problems. If you haven't been on Vassal in a while, make sure you have the latest version of that as well.

The folder should be called "Memoir44v6_ext" and in the same locations as the Memoir44v6.mod file. All expansions should go in the Memoir44v6_ext file and not be renamed at all. If things look just like this and are not working, then you may try deleting the Memoir44v6.mod file and the Memoir44v6_ext file with the expansions (but don't delete any game files if you have any on-going PBEM games). Then redownload everything and start over.

If you are still having problems, I can gt Bilben to check in and see if he has any addtional advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.