Codex: Card-Time Strategy – Deluxe Set» Forums » General

Subject: International availability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance House
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Hi, anyone know if Codex will start becoming available in the smaller markets? It's impossible to find in New Zealand or Australia. My LFGS has no believes they cannot bring it in yet due to distributer rights/issues...

The Shipping alone on the deluxe to NZ was $135USD... O_o . Quite excessive, Mechs Vs Minions only cost $50 to ship. So waiting for a local copy is really my only hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rabid Schnauzer
msg tools
As I have previously pointed out, Print and Play is an option that bypasses international shipping costs.

Buying the P&P version(s) from Sirlin games online store, printing your own cards and playmats and using third-party binders starts to look very appealing when it is shaving those kinds of shipping costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Any game store anywhere in the world can carry Codex products, other than the Deluxe set which is only sold directly from us. To carry Codex products or any other Sirlin Games products, your local store can either contact their usual distributor (who again, is fully able to get these products) or they can contact Hit Point Sales directly, here: https://www.hitpointsales.com/sell-contact/
It sounds like a good idea to tell your local store about that if they are unaware.

Regarding the shipping price of Codex Deluxe, I just wanted to say that it's the actual real cost of shipping a 14 pound product. There is zero markup on shipping and handling. It's just really heavy and shipping is expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fernandez Marquez
Spain
Tarragona
Tarragona
flag msg tools
Yeah, shipping from the US is just ridiculous expensive for some reason I'm never entirely clear on. I'm in Spain, and I have noticed it generally is about thrice as expensive to try to get a package from the US as it is to get it from, say, Japan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drascin wrote:
Yeah, shipping from the US is just ridiculous expensive for some reason I'm never entirely clear on. I'm in Spain, and I have noticed it generally is about thrice as expensive to try to get a package from the US as it is to get it from, say, Japan.

Yeah, it was not like that before, but I think somewhere in 2015, USPS changed their pricing and it just skyrocketed. I order stuff from Australia and Germany that cost less shipping than from USA. I mean... USA is right next to Canada and no ocean has to be crossed... how can it be more expensive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sooty Heng
Singapore
flag msg tools
Sirlin wrote:
Any game store anywhere in the world can carry Codex products, other than the Deluxe set which is only sold directly from us. To carry Codex products or any other Sirlin Games products, your local store can either contact their usual distributor (who again, is fully able to get these products) or they can contact Hit Point Sales directly, here: https://www.hitpointsales.com/sell-contact/
It sounds like a good idea to tell your local store about that if they are unaware.

Regarding the shipping price of Codex Deluxe, I just wanted to say that it's the actual real cost of shipping a 14 pound product. There is zero markup on shipping and handling. It's just really heavy and shipping is expensive. :(

Merry Christmas everyone!

I've been trying to get a hand on the deluxe set as well and I've decided to prod around after realizing that no local resellers in Singapore carry it.

A bit disappointed (because it's so expensive like the OP said yikes!) to hear that it can only be purchased directly from you guys, may I know why that is the case?

Regardless, reading this post has made me decide to just buy it straight from ya Sirlin. :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.