1 Posts

Bendomino» Forums » Sessions

Subject: BendoMANIA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cerall Hinton
msg tools
mb
After a long Memorial Day weekend camping trip where I had BROUGHT the game and then forgot all about it, I thought it was time to play as I found it while unpacking. So me and my close friend cleared a spot on the living room floor and layed out all the pieces face down, drawing seven tiles each and leaving the rest in the stock pile.

First we tried the very basic game of just matching the pieces to either end of the chain and scoring at the end of the round (a player has no Bendominoes left to play or the stock is empty and players cannot play any pieces). I started as I had the highest double, double 5s. We were pretty even, occasionally the curve of the bendomino would block our moves and we'd draw one and play or pass. I eventually managed to block him and play my last piece, winning the round for a total of 6 points! The rules say to play to one hundred, so we decided to try the other variation to speed things up.

It is called all Fives and you try to get the four ends to add up to multiples of five and then score whatever the total was. We randomly drew two tiles from the reshuffled stock pile and placed them back to back in the center of the floor. Then we each drew seven tiles. As I had one the last round, I went first.

I had a piece that fit, but it didn't add up. That went back and forth for awhile until he managed to score 15. I added a piece that ended up with the same total. The two chains were almost intertwining, and his next piece blocked one end but he scored 20.

Again, I managed to add a piece that kept the total the same. We played out the rest of the pieces without scoring. He blocked me and then put down his last piece, scoring 5 off my remaing three-two. We decided we'd had enough for one day, and I won by one point!

It all happened pretty quick, maybe twenty minutes or so, but it was a good break from putting away all the camping gear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.